9 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2009 12:01 AM by AttaBoy2

FLV not playing

Shaneob78

I have downloaded/purchased an Flv player to drop into my website, which is also a ready made template purchase.

Having found the area/movie clip where the text and images are located that I would like to replace with my flv - which I have done.

I have resized the flv to fit the area, but when I test the movie or publish it, I get error messages in the output window all relating to elements/components within the flv movie clip, and the flv clip itself seems to be stuck on it's 1st frame.

The movie clip this is held within is quite a complicated one, with lots of layers, and each keyframe representing a new page - if that makes sense?

The top layer just has a blank keyframe with a 'stop' action - is this the problem?

Thanks in advance

Shaneo

• 1. Re: FLV not playing
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Provide all of the error messages you are getting... copy/paste them here, don't summarize them.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FLV not playing
            Shaneob78 Level 1

Error messages below. Shall I email over the fla?

**Error** Symbol=TimeBar, layer=background, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.ezplayer.TimeBar' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=RewindBtn, layer=hit, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.AniButton' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=PauseBtn, layer=hit, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.AniButton' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=PlayBtn, layer=hit, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.AniButton' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=UnmuteBtn, layer=hit, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.AniButton' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=MuteBtn, layer=hit, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.AniButton' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=VolumeBar, layer=shape, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.ezplayer.VolumeBar' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=FullScreenBtn, layer=hit, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.AniButton' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=FVideoPlayer, layer=border, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.ezplayer.EZPlayer' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=LargePlayButton, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'oxylus.AniButton' could not be loaded.

Total ActionScript Errors: 10      Reported Errors: 10

• 3. Re: FLV not playing
              Shaneob78 Level 1

Hi Ned,

Did you have any joy solving this?

Shall I send over the fla?

Thanks,

Shaneo

• 4. Re: FLV not playing
                Shaneob78 Level 1

Hi Ned,

Here's a screenshot of the timeline and layers if that is any help?

The only action is the 'stop' on layer one, frame one.

All the following frames are basically new movie loads/new pages and each layer is a different element on each of the pages.

Hope you can help?

Thanks,

Shaneo

• 5. Re: FLV not playing
                  Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just to warn you, I don't dabble in video, so I won't be able to help with anything in that realm, but based on the error messages you listed, it would appear that you are unable to import some classes.  You may need to check your class paths to make sure they agree with your import statements.

• 6. Re: FLV not playing
                    AttaBoy2 Level 3

Why didn't you just wrap the flv in a swf?

• 7. Re: FLV not playing
                      Shaneob78 Level 1

How do you mean?

Put my video file into a blank flash doc, then export it and use the swf to place into my flash website?

• 8. Re: FLV not playing
                        AttaBoy2 Level 3

there are several ways you can drag a flvplayback component onto the stage then use component inspector to set the source and other paramiters,  you can write the whole thing in actionscript or the easyest way is to from the file menu in the fla to select import then import video and follow the wizard it will let you create stuff like this http://www.charliegooddog.org/video/plan9/  I have a site http://jimslounge.com/publicDomain/ that combined the second and third method the little screen is "handmade"  if you click on the buttons you will get the result produced by the wizard.

• 9. Re: FLV not playing
                          AttaBoy2 Level 3

I'm going to bed If you want me to do it  or just want more advice I'll be back in the morning