3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2009 4:49 PM by the_wine_snob

DVD playback stops

GLGRAY1

I've burned projects to DVD and have played successfully on one DVD player but on my current player I can't get through th ewhole disk. Interruptions of a few seconds start about halfway through, then the interruptions get progressively longer until it just stops. Can anyone tell me what's going on and is there a fix? I am using Premiere Elements 2.0 and std definition. thanks

• 1. Re: DVD playback stops
          Paul_LS Level 4

Some DVD players can have issues playing burnt discs. To improve compatibily make sure to use good quality media, not cheap no-brand DVDs. Also DVDs burnt at lower speed have fewer compatibilty problems... unfortunately you can not control the burn speed with Premiere Elements.... it will burn at the speed of the disc or maximum speed of your DVD burner. Therefore buy the lowest speed DVDs you can find. Alternateively burn to folder with PE and then use a 3rd party software such as NERO or SONIC to burn to disc.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DVD playback stops
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I second what Paul says. Home-burned DVDs can still cause problems for some DVD players.

But you'll definitely increase the odds of success if you use a high-quality disc, like Verbatim, rather than a cheaper disc, like Memorex.

• 3. Re: DVD playback stops
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Hey, I get to "third" this comment. Unfortunately, the DVD-spec. only calls for the players to play replicated, stamped DVD's (read commercial DVD's). Most players do handle burned DVD's, but not all. Remember, they are not required to do so.

I also will stand with the comments that the best media will help you insure that more players can handle the DVD. Both Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are excellent. Most others will be a crap-shoot. I also adhere to the minimum burn speed. I recommend Paul's suggestion to Burn to a Folder. I recommend the freeware, ImgBurn, to do the buring tasks, and it WILL allow minimum speed burns. These two considerations will get you the greates compatibility. Each can be very important.

Good luck,

Hunt