3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2008 12:43 AM by Newsgroup_User

How to get an image to repeat horizantally

JigglyWiggle
      How do I get an image to repeat horizontally? I am pretty new to dreamweaver and have little experience with CSS so try to explain things in the easiest manner possibly. www.wiggles.3dslice.com
      See the banner up top? I want the edges to repeat until the end of the screen.
        • 1. How to get an image to repeat horizantally
          Derek Toigo
          Change the CSS style's properties and set the 'background-repeat' option to the property 'repeat-y'. You can edit the style in the properties dialogue of the CSS section in the side-bar, by using the CSS properties dialogue box in Dreamweaver or by working with the raw code. I personally don't like the latter, mainly due to the fact that if you choose to work with code view have to manually type the property in to the class and it can be confusing for beginners, but if that works for you I encourage you to do that.

Hope this has helped you.

EDIT: Please never mind what I have written above; after further reviewing your question I realized that I don't think that it'll be able to help resolve your specific problem after all. I have left the original text there for you to read anyway in case it may be of some use. My apologies for speaking too soon and I hope things work out for you.
          • 2. Re: How to get an image to repeat horizantally
            malcster2 Level 1
            nearly right, it should be repeat-x; x is horizontal, y is vertical
            • 3. Re: How to get an image to repeat horizantally
              Level 7
              > Change the CSS style's properties

Except there's no CSS on that page.

It's all images.

--
              Regards

John Waller