27 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2010 8:10 PM by Cajohn16

Can't transfer books to my 505 from Adobe DE

Lazzard

I've posted this on another thread, but it seems to have got lost amongst the other posts.

First I want to make it clear that I have done all the updates possible.available to both the Sony reader,,Adobe DE and eBook Library.

I have authorised the Reader and Adobe DE and I have an Adobe ID.

Both e-Book Library and Adobe DE 'recognize' the Sony reader as the PRS 505 icon appears on both bookshelves.

The Reader was purchased, legitamately in the UK [John Lewis]

I can purchase books OK - downloaded one to Adobe DE from Waterstone's UK.

When I attempt to drag the title into the 505 ir refuses to let me ["No permission to copy document here"]

If I attempt the same within e-Book Library [I can get the book across to here by importing from My Documents] I'm again refused permission [ To tranfer this e-Book yoy must first authorize the Reader for Adobe DRM protected content. Would you Llike to launch Adobe Digital Editions and authorize the reader now?]

If I click YES Adobe DE opens, but I'm given no prompt to authorize. when I click on Authorize Computer on the drop down menu it tells me "this computer is authorized to..." followed by my e-mail address which is also my Adobe ID.

It's a hideous circle I can't escape from and makes the Reader virtually useless.

Contacted Adobe Support but after a couple of e-mails where , essentially they said " are you sure you've done everythingh right" my case has now been referred to the Technical Dept - and things have gone very, very quiet.

Anyone out there have a clue what I do next.

Note: Beyond the basic operations I an no computer whizz!