4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2009 5:57 PM by tcflex

How to know when series items gets changed in the bubble series

tcflex Level 1

Hi,

I want to trace when the data inside the series data provoder gets changed. how ?

Regards,

Arjun.

• 1. Re: How to know when series items gets changed in the bubble series
          Michael Borbor Level 4

Arjun if you're using an ArrayCollection as your dataProvider, you can add an event listener for the collectionChange event.

• 2. Re: How to know when series items gets changed in the bubble series
            tcflex Level 1

yeah i was trying to do in the same way but i cant listen to the collection change event.

is this the correct way to add "myseries.addEventListener(CollectionEvent.COLLECTION_CHANGE,mylistener)"..

The above statement is not working properly.

• 3. Re: How to know when series items gets changed in the bubble series
              Michael Borbor Level 4

This works for me

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
              <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" creationComplete="init()">
                   <mx:Script>
                        <![CDATA[
                             import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
                             import mx.events.CollectionEvent;

[Bindable]
                             public var expenses:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection([
                                  {Month:"Jan", Profit:2000, Expenses:120, Amount:45},
                                  {Month:"Feb", Profit:1000, Expenses:200, Amount:60},
                                  {Month:"Mar", Profit:1500, Expenses:500, Amount:30}
                                  ]);

public var myArray:Array=[{Month:"Mar", Profit:1500, Expenses:500, Amount:30}];

private function init():void{
                                  expenses.addEventListener(CollectionEvent.COLLECTION_CHANGE,myFunction);
                             }

private function myFunction(e:CollectionEvent):void{
                                  trace("I was changed");
                             }

]]>
                   </mx:Script>

<mx:Button label="add something" click="expenses.addItem(myArray)" />
              </mx:Application>

• 4. Re: How to know when series items gets changed in the bubble series
                tcflex Level 1

I have implemented my own collection interface which extends IList and ICollection interface.