2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2009 4:08 PM by flaming1

AddGuides applescript defaults

flaming1 Level 2

Hi

I use this script a lot in my catalogue work, but I find myself in the main turning off most the options each time I use it. For example I rarely want to use the horizontal centre or vertical centre options. Is there a simple way to make the dialog open with the 'Top, left, bottom, right, horizontal centre, vertical centre' options turned off?

I specifically want to use the Applescript version as I find that the Javascript version only works sometimes.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

• 1. Re: AddGuides applescript defaults
          Olav Martin Kvern Level 3

Hi Steve,

You can edit the script. In the following section:

tell (make dialog column)
          set myTopCheckbox to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Top", checked state:true}
          set myLeftCheckbox to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Left", checked state:true}
          set myBottomCheckbox to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Bottom", checked state:true}
          set myRightCheckbox to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Right", checked state:true}
          set myXCenterCheckbox to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Horizontal Center", checked state:true}
          set myYCenterCheckbox to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Vertical Center", checked state:true}
          set myXPointCheckbox to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Path Point Horizontal Anchor", checked state:true}
          set myYPointCheckbox to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Path Point Horizontal Anchor", checked state:true}
          end tell

...just set the checked state to false for the ones you don't want.

Thanks,

Ole

• 2. Re: AddGuides applescript defaults
            flaming1 Level 2

Thanks for your help Ole.

Much appreciated.

Steve