2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2009 9:35 PM by Jim_Simon

HDV video being cropped in timeline

lmrtne

I captured video in HDV, cut it into clips and when I drag them into the timeline they appear to be cropped on playback.  It looks as if the 1440x1080 HDV frames are being cropped into 720x480 frames when they go into the timeline rather than being converted down to the smaller size.  How do I keep the full frames in the edited movie. I've searched around for problems in settings but haven't been able to find out much.  I'm a fairly experienced PC user but pretty much of a newby to Premiere.  Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: HDV video being cropped in timeline
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

Welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you have created a standard-definition sequence.

Create a new sequence and choose a high-definition preset. Now when you put your clips on the timeline they will be correct.

One other possibility is that you have your Program Monitor magnification set to something other than "Fit". Have a look at the drop-down list just below the Program Monitor.

Cheers
          Eddie

• 2. Re: HDV video being cropped in timeline
            Jim_Simon Level 8

rather than being converted down to the smaller size.

Build your movie in the correct sequence preset matching your footage, as Bill suggests.  Then when you're done, you can nest that into an SD sequence to resize.