2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2009 9:35 AM by Flexik

Air FileSystemTree - Problem

Flexik

Hi,
      can anybody help me? I am new to flex and I would like to create Air local picture manager but I am blocked at the first step which is browsing computer folders. My vision is something like this concept image

obr.jpg

My problem is that I don't know how to connect "File System Tree" with "Tile" element.
      I searched the web for some tutorial or showcase of this basic application but unsuccessful.

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: Air FileSystemTree - Problem
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6

Basically, when you click on a folder in the tree, if your goal is to display all images within that folder, but not within sub-folders, in the Tile container, you need to get the image file names within the selected folder, and then add the path up to the selected folder to the image file name.

Then you populate an ArrayCollection with those paths, and that ArrayCollection will be the dataProvider for the Tile container. The Tile container should probably use mx.controls.Image as the itemRenderer.

myTree.selectedPath gives you the selected tree folder path.

Then create a File object with that path and call the getDirectoryListing() method to get the paths to the files in that folder.

Here are some docs that will help:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AIR/1.1/devappsflex/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7f4c. html

I was going to give you some more links, but as usual, the Adobe LiveDocs pages are "temporarily unavailable" just when you need them.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Air FileSystemTree - Problem
            Flexik Level 1

Thanks a lot. I will try it and then let you know if I succeeded.