3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2008 8:51 AM by wyattbiker

PopUp Transparency

istrasci
      I'm doing a custom popup window and displaying it with the static PopUpManager.addPopUp... Anyway, my problem is that the component (basically a panel) is shows up with transparent edges/borders, despite giving it an alpha=1.0 and backgroundAlpha=1.0 in its definition. Am I missing something, or does the PopUpManager just have some kind of overriding, default effect on the popup windows...?
        • 1. Re: PopUp Transparency
          wyattbiker Level 1
          Check blendMode in the IFlexDisplayObject http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/index.html
          • 2. Re: PopUp Transparency
            istrasci Level 1
            OK, but I'm not really sure what your code is doing... Assuming editSta is an instance of your EditStation popup (if it is, you forgot to say 'new EditStation(...)' ), my popup does not have a constructor that accepts an IFlexDisplayObject (which is what PopUpManager.createPopUp returns), unless by some wacky inheritance...

I'm also unsure of what the line:
            IFlexDisplayObject(editSta).blendMode=BlendMode.NORMAL;
            is doing.

Is this a constructor? A cast of editSta? And then why do you use IFlexDisplayObject(editSta) in the centerPopUp method...? Please explain these things...
            • 3. Re: PopUp Transparency
              wyattbiker Level 1
              import mx.managers.PopUpManager;
              import mx.core.IFlexDisplayObject;

public var editSta:EditStation; //Create a variable whose type is the mxml popup screenI made

// Type casts (or converts) IFlexDisplayObject to an EditStattion and assigns it to editSta
              editSta=EditStation(PopUpManager.createPopUp(this, EditStation, true)

// Type casts (or converts) editSta to an IFlexDisplayObject
              IFlexDisplayObject(editSta).blendMode=BlendMode.NORMAL;

// Popup my screen centered
              PopUpManager.centerPopUp(IFlexDisplayObject(editSta));