3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2009 10:05 AM by Eddie Lotter

Video transitions

alack87

1. I have been watching the video tutorials on Adobe TV and notice that on those tutorials there are many more video transitions than I see on my CS4 installation. I only see the bins for 3D motion, dissolve, iris, page peel, slide and wipe. I don't see map, special effect, stretch and zoom,

How can I access these transitions?

2. I have two frames where my drawings are of different sizes, and I would like to fix this with a zoom transition that I am missing above. Is this the best way to solve this, or is there an alternative?

Thank you very much!

• 1. Re: Video transitions
          the_wine_snob Level 9

In the Effects Panel, there is a little "Query" text box. Type in the name of the "missing" Transitions. Do they show up?

I do not know what ships/installs with CS4, but would *assume* that you would have more, than listed. Does F1 give you a list of the default Transitions? Also, be aware that other users might well have 3rd-party Transitions. These might come from various sources, but would not anticipate that one doing a PrPro tutorial would use one of these, without proper notation.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] In PrPro2, I have 78, without counting any 3rd-party Transitions

• 2. Re: Video transitions
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Often this happens with pirated versions. You do have the official version? Then contact Technical Support to help you solve this.

You can try the motion/scale effect instead of zoom.

• 3. Re: Video transitions
              Eddie Lotter Level 4

For #2, do not use a transition, use the "scale" parameter of the clip to change its size.

You will also find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
              Eddie