5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2008 10:00 AM by Linux Rules

docx Compatibility Pack

MergeThis Level 4
      Does anyone know if installing this Compatibility Pack will require the uninstall/reinstall of RH, as required when you install the full Word app after RH?

Leon
        • 1. Re: docx Compatibility Pack
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
          I'll pass on that one Leon.

Do let us know how long the rebuild takes. :-)

• 2. Re: docx Compatibility Pack
            Linux Rules Level 2
            Hello Leon -

I installed it in Word '03 (some time ago) without touching RH X5. No problems yet but I do NOT use RH For Word.

Regards,
            GEWB
            • 3. Re: docx Compatibility Pack
              MergeThis Level 4
              Neither do we use RH for Word, Gary, but we do prepare Printed Doc upon request, mostly for reviews.

I've suggested to my colleague that she push back on the developer who balked at saving the .doc file in 2003 format for her. With seven of us in the group, I'd rather not even take the chance, so I'll delay for as long as possible. (At least I have your experience with it in my back pocket, if the pressure gets too heavy.)

Thanks for that,
              Leon
              • 4. Re: docx Compatibility Pack
                Linux Rules Level 2
                Hello Leon -

We also have that problem.

As I am also the ISO manager, I kick back the "x" files (Word or Excel) to the user and tell them to save in 2000/2003 format as our users can't read the "x" files.

Had a BIG blowup with the state CIO over this - "It's simple, just load the program from Microsoft - it's free."

So I sent him back an Open Office document...in my email I told him "My reply is in the attached document. To open it, just install Open Office - it's free."

Haven't had a problem since.

8^)

Regards,
                GEWB
                • 5. Re: docx Compatibility Pack
                  Linux Rules Level 2
                  Hello Leon -

Forgot to add...if the "x" file uses new Vista / Office 2007 fonts, substituting a more "universal" font may screw up the original "x" file formating (nothing new there).

Regards,
                  GEWB