2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 9:21 AM by Newsgroup_User

Is there a way to tell a flash program to die?

nikos101 Level 2
      Is there a way to tell a flash program to die and stop excecuting? I am wanting to do this if a coldfusion remote command returns false.

Is this possible?
        • 1. Re: Is there a way to tell a flash program to die?
          brad simon Level 1
          I have the same question. I bring in a Flash carousel type video display. But when I click a different button in my Flex web site to load another ViewStack window, the Flash Video continues to run in the background. I have tried everything I know to get it to stop. Please, what do you do to get a Flash program to stop.

At this point, I have to open the Flash video carousel in a new browser window so that they can manually end it by exiting out of the new browswer window that opened. Bad solution.

To see what I'm talking about, please go to
          Click "Our Results" then "Example Video"
          • 2. Re: Is there a way to tell a flash program to die?
            Level 7

"brad simon" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gb8dar$9cl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I have the same question. I bring in a Flash carousel type video display.
            >But
            > when I click a different button in my Flex web site to load another
            > ViewStack
            > window, the Flash Video continues to run in the background. I have tried
            > everything I know to get it to stop. Please, what do you do to get a Flash
            > program to stop.
            >
            > At this point, I have to open the Flash video carousel in a new browser
            > window
            > so that they can manually end it by exiting out of the new browswer window
            > that
            > opened. Bad solution.
            >
            > To see what I'm talking about, please go to
            > https://www.text-to-art.com

If it is an AS3 Flash movie, you can do something like this:
            http://www.cflex.net/showFileDetails.cfm?ObjectID=690

HTH;

Amy