0 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2009 12:48 PM by kenji776

Flash forms and actionscript

Hello all,

I have a fairly advanced application build with Cold Fusion flash forms and actionscript. What I need now is the ability to show and hide columns in a grid (RespondentList). It seems what I need to do is access the 'visible' property of the data grid column. Seems simple enough, I tried

RespondentList.getColumnAt(2).visible = true;

but that throws the error

"There is no property with the name 'visible'."

even though the visible property is clearly documented here:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/langref/mx/controls/dataGridClasses/DataGridColumn.html#v isible

I thought then that maybe I need to import the DataGrid class, and the DataGridColumn Class. So I used

import mx.controls.DataGrid;
               import mx.controls.dataGridClasses.DataGridColumn;

The first one imports fine, but the second one throws errors. I tried several variations but cannot get the class to load. I don't even know if that is the issue though since other properties are available of the DataGridColumn class (I can set width, headertext, and even specify a cell rednerer for one column which becomes a dropdown list).

If I don't import the 2nd library and change my call to(add _root.)

_root.RespondentList.getColumnAt(2).visible = true;

it doesn't error, but it doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot use the visible property? I also did try the workaround of setting the headertext to nothing and the width to 0, but that made the grid do very strange things and doesn't seem like a viable solution. I am wondering if perhaps I need to somehow update the actionscript version (which i would have no idea how to do). I am on cold fusion 8 and do have the most recent patches applied (i beleieve). Any help is appreciated. Thank you.