3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 12:26 PM by Johnny the boy

editing a banner with hotspots

Johnny the boy Level 1

I have created a banner that has two frames and was divided into slices to identify the menu links.  I exported this to a folder and it turned out to be 1 HTML document, 1 GIF, and a whole bunch of JPGs.  How would I edit this banner once I have closed Fireworks and wish to edit something?  For example, how would I edit the text on the second frame?  Would I open the HTML file in Fireworks?  If I do that and click on the second frame in the pages/layers/frames pallete, the entire banner remains in green showing the slices it has been cut into.

• 1. Re: editing a banner with hotspots
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

Did you save it as a Fireworks PNG file before exporting it? Normally, you would make the changes in the editable file (FW PNG) and re-export it. If you exported it to a site you had defined in Dreamweaver, you would click on the Edit in FW button and Dreamweaver would give you the choice of editing the original PNG file or the exported graphic.

If you did not save a copy of the document as a Fireworks PNG, you'll need to modify the graphics you exported by coloring over the area where the text is and typing in new text.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: editing a banner with hotspots
            pixlor Level 4

Johnny the boy wrote:

... If I do that and click on the second frame in the pages/layers/frames pallete, the entire banner remains in green showing the slices it has been cut into.

If you are looking at your original .png and you see the slices, you can turn off the visibility of the slices by clicking the eye symbol next to "Web Layer" in the Layers palette.

• 3. Re: editing a banner with hotspots
              Johnny the boy Level 1

Nice tip.  Thank you