32 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2009 8:58 AM by the_wine_snob

Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes

tstaras

I have an HP Pavilion running Windows XP Media Edition, Service Pack 3. 250G HD, 1.24G RAM. Model a1610n. I have  a large project, over 1 1/2 hours. Premier freezes or closes if : I navigate through the program too fast, try to render, or burn a DVD. Sometimes it does not even completely load the project before crashing. I have done other projects successfully both in Elements 3 and 4. The only message I get is that Elements has encountered a problem and must close. Wondering if there is a chance that I need more RAM since when it is working and I am putting a program together it seems slow to react. Also, I still have Elements 3 loaded and wonder if there could be a conflict of some kind even though I am working in 4. Any thoughts would be appreciated....Thx Tom

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the PE forum.

First we need a bit more info:

1.) tell us in detail about your Project, its Preset (how it was set up initially, when you hit "New").

2.) tell us in great detail about your Assets, you media. If you do not have all of the details on these files, please download and install G-Spot. It will survey your system, and then report on the file, plus tell you if you have everything that you need to process those files. If you can do a screen-cap of the G-Spot GUI, it will save having to write down a lot of data, and provide people with all of the info. You can hit the little "camera" icon at the top of the editing page to "attach" it. That works better than attaching it as a link, as the image is usually a bit bigger.

3.) tell us more about your computer, especially things like the amount of free, defragmented space on your HDD(s).

Two comments:

1.) your RAM is on the light side for NLE work, especially with so long a Project Duration

2.) your HDD is smallish, and might well be too full - see #3 above

Good luck, and remember - more detail is better

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Although your computer may need a tune-up, clean-up and driver update, I suspect your problem is less related to your computer than to your source files.

What are your source files? What kind of camcorder did they come from and how did you get the video into your computer?

Look at your project timeline. Are you seeing a lot of red lines above the video tracks as you work? This means you're working with a lot of RAM render. If you press Enter, Premiere Elements will create hard renders of your files, the lines will turn green and your computer performance will improve.

An hour and a half of RAM render video is definitely enough to crash a machine!

If you convert your video, however, to a more optimized format, you won't see any red lines above your clips on the timeline until you add transitions or effects to them. Once we know what format you're editing, we can make recommendations for doing this.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
              tstaras Level 1
              Wow,
              You have hit me with a lot of stuff that I am not familiar with but let me see if I can start with what I think I know.
              The Assets are a whole lot of downloaded video clips of commercials. The breakdown is about 300 plus, about 90% video and the balance stills. The original files were a mix of Flash Videos and RealPlayer files. The stills were Jpeg's copied from a host of different locations. I have a conversion software AVS4YOU that I used to convert all the video files to wma files. I grouped these files into chapters to illustrate various advertising approaches with examples.
              My computer has 1.24G of Ram but it appears that nominally I have access to about 950MB free memory.
              The HD indicates 224GB TOTAL, Used 125GB, Free, 98.9GB. HP says I can upgrade RAM to 4GB.
              I'm afraid that I don't understand point 2 about the G-Spot. I am thinking that it is a software that will look at the files/folders that my assets are in and evaluate them.
              Also please verify that NLE stands for Non Linear Editing.
              I like to think that I am at least an intermediate when it comes to computer operations but your response shows how far I need to go. Thanks for your help so far..Tom
              • 4. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                tstaras Level 1

Thanks, the files were all downloaded, converted to wma files from Realplayer and Flash Videos. Not sure how they were recorded originally. I have a solid Red line over all the files. I hit RENDER and it got about an hour in and crashed. It seems that anything I do, navigate to fast, render, burn, even load in the file, it meets a problem and either freezes or close. Thanks Tom

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                  Paul_LS Level 4

Sounds like your video files are WMV (windows media video)... PE7 can edit these but it sounds like you have a large project if you have 300 clips on the timeline. If these were DV-AVI (best format to convert to for Premiere Elements, no red line, no rendering as PE7 handles the format natively) then you would have been able to edit them OK. However with WMV, which is a compressed format, it puts a heavy load on PE7 and your computer resources. I would advise to break your project into smaller chunks. So make a number of smaller projects and then export each as a DV-AVI and combine them into a master project prior to exporting/burning.

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                    tstaras Level 1
                    Wow,
                    You have hit me with a lot of stuff that I am not familiar with but let me see if I can start with what I think I know.
                    The Assets are a whole lot of downloaded video clips of commercials. The breakdown is about 300 plus, about 90% video and the balance stills. The original files were a mix of Flash Videos and RealPlayer files. The stills were Jpeg's copied from a host of different locations. I have a conversion software AVS4YOU that I used to convert all the video files to wma files. I grouped these files into chapters to illustrate various advertising approaches with examples.
                    My computer has 1.24G of Ram but it appears that nominally I have access to about 950MB free memory.
                    The HD indicates 224GB TOTAL, Used 125GB, Free, 98.9GB. HP says I can upgrade RAM to 4GB.
                    I'm afraid that I don't understand point 2 about the G-Spot. I am thinking that it is a software that will look at the files/folders that my assets are in and evaluate them.
                    Also please verify that NLE stands for Non Linear Editing.
                    I like to think that I am at least an intermediate when it comes to computer operations but your response shows how far I need to go. Thanks for your help so far..Tom
                    • 7. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                      tstaras Level 1

Thanks, the files were all downloaded from many sources.  I converted them to wmv files from Realplayer and Flash Video formats for the most part. Not sure how they were recorded originally. I have a solid Red line over all the files. I spent a fair amount of time converting the downloaded files to one standard, which I thought would lead to less complications, but it appears that I chose the wrong file format to convert to.

If I hit RENDER I get about an hour in and I crash. It seems that anything I do, navigate to fast, render, burn, even load in the file, it meets a problem and either freezes or closes.

Thanks Tom

• 8. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                        tstaras Level 1

You are correct they are WMV files. I converted to that format thinking that it would streamline the process instead of using a mixed bag of downloaded files from many different sources. The conversion software that I used can also covert to the format you suggest so I'll be trying a sample to see if I can get back on track....Thx..Tom

• 9. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes

Have you tried converting all of your WMV files to DV-AVIs before you bring them into Premiere Elements? As Paul says, this will very likely resolve virtually all of your performance problems.

You can convert WMVs to DV-AVIs very easily using Windows MovieMaker, per the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415317?tstart=0

• 10. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Tom,

That is a real mixed bag of Assets. Just going down the list, many are totally "delivery formats/CODEC's" that are not meant for editing. That does not mean that they cannot be edited, but they will require some work to get them into a format that can be edited - unfortunately.

The ideal format/CODEC is: DV-AVI Type II (DV-CODEC) with 48KHz 16-bit Audio. PE can do some internal conversions, but this requires major computing power and WILL slow down the editing process, if it can be made to work at all. My suggestion is to find a conversion program, that will do all of this outside of PE. Convert all non DV-AVI Type II formats to DV-AVI Type II, and then Import. JPEG stills, properly sized, will not be a problem.

I use a particular program, DigitalMedia Converter. It is a US$50 shareware program, that works with most properly installed CODEC's, and does "batch conversions" nicely. You load it up, go get some coffee, and when you finish, it has finished. With very few exceptions, it will do everything you need. There are other programs, and some freeware, that will do this too. I just happen to like working with DMC and have found it to be about 99% perfect, so I use that. Others should have recommendations for their favorite converter programs.

Now, the reason that I mentioned G-Spot, is that it does two things, and does them well: it first surveys your system for properly installed CODEC's, and then when you feed a file to it, will tell you a lot of useful info about that file. Part of that info is the CODEC used to create it, what its official name is, and whether you have it on your system. If you do, then PE *might* be able to use it, and a good conversion program *should* be able to use it, to get to DV-AVI Type II. This utility is invaluable if one normally works with more than one format/CODEC Assets. You obviously do, by the list.

As for the computer: more RAM is better. With 4GB you'll be able to use ~3.2GB of that easily for the OS and the programs. If possible, add another HDD (Hard Disk Drive) to your system. Right now, you have about the minimum free space for normal editing. However, with only one HDD, you are asking it to do a lot of work and all at the same exact time. It is being horribly stressed. A second physical (not talking about a "logical" partition here) HDD will improve things greatly, and will allow you to move some of the material off of your C:\ to give it more room to work, and it'll spread the work load over two physical HDD's.

As a closing comment, given the nature of the Assets you describe, I doubt that my workstation could handle editing this material, were it not converted to DV-AVI Type II files, outside of my NLE (Non Linear Editor). This is a machine that easily works with Projects that range up to 30 hours with 16 Video Tracks and 28 Audio Tracks, plus tons of Effects on all Clips. I think that IT would choke! I am not surprised that your computer is having troubles.

To recap:

1.) convert all Video Assets to DV-AVI Type II, prior to Import into PE

2.) add more RAM

3.) add at least one more physical HDD - bigger and faster is better, but your computer's I/O controller will dictate the exact HDD type.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                              tstaras Level 1

All responses point to converting files to AVI's. I tried a test with the conversion program that I have and although it converted to a file with an avi extension PE would not load it because of an incorrect audio spec. Checking now if that componant of my current conversion software can adjust or move on to a conversion software suggested by you and others responding to my situation.. Again thx for your input...Tom

• 12. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes

Unless the conversion software you're using will generate type II DV-AVIs, any AVIs it produces will be no better than WMVs.

Windows MovieMaker, on the other hand, does this conversion easily, quickly and for free!

• 13. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                  tstaras Level 1

It looks like conversion is the order of the day. While I have a conversion program that will convert to AVI, it does not seem to convert the audio to an PE acceptable format as PE rejects the files.  So I'm off to try your suggestions. I have wanted to upgrade the RAM capacity for some time so this sounds like a good project to push that to reality. I never thought the drive would be an issue but in looking at what's on it and how much of it I am using I can see where it could be falling short and even more critical is your observation that it is being worked to death. Again thanks for you input. More to come..Tom

• 14. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                    tstaras Level 1

Just went to your "What You Use to Convert" entry. Lots of good stuff there. Looking inot the Windows MovieMaker path...Thx  T

• 15. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Only one minor caveat with the WMM route: it Exports as DV-AVI Type I files (unless it's been changed in later versions). These usually work perfectly in PE, but do cause a few problems in PrPro - usually constant OOS (Out Of Sync) issues, but they are easily corrected in the Timeline. If you do encounter OOS, someone will be happy to show you how to fix those.

WMM is a good choice for 3 reasons: it's free, it's usually installed already and the files are almost perfect for PE (see above).

As a note: I have several NLE programs installed, as certain ones work with odd formats and CODEC's better than others. I usually just use them to "prepare" files for editing in Premiere.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 16. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                        tstaras Level 1

Windows Movie Maker 2.1 which is the XP version comes with XP Media Edition Service Pack 2, or it will download to that OS. I have Service Pack 3 which came with Muvee Producer. If I am reading all correctly from Microsoft I will need to order a CD as all of the download prompts lead to Microsoft Update which I have running all the time but will not allow a direct download. I am also asking AVS if thier product will convert to the AVI format PE wants per you description...Thx

• 17. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Interesting version #'s. I've got WMM 5.1, that came with XP-Pro SP2. I've updated to SP3 and that does show in my About WMM screen.

I know that they offered a Vista-specific version, as I recall seeing that, when I updated my older WMM on the workstation. Do not remember the version # though.

I'll poke around and see if I can find another link for you. WMM used to be available as a download, since some OS versions (Home, etc.?) did not have it. It would install, and run, but you had to do this manually.

Hunt

• 18. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                            tstaras Level 1
                                            Hello,
                                            I thought I would drop a note to you on my ongoing issues with Premier and converting files. 
                                            I last mentioned that I was going to check with the Conversion software AVS to see if my version supports the file format and codec you suggested for Premier.
                                            Turns out it is supposed to but when I installed their update the DIGITAL VIDEO Codec was not in the AVI customization menu they directed me to. Audio settings were however. So more back and forth is in progress.
                                            I have also followed up and found that I can upgrade to 4GB of Ram fairly easy and there are a number of internal hard drives that can work too. I have been backing up on DVD's for smaller folders but its time to look at a larger external backup drive also if I'm going to get into this big time and handle many photos and clips and their resultant project files.
                                            Still no luck with the Windows Movie Maker thing. But I have looked into the Shareware Conversion software that you use and think that in the end that might be the best solution for the conversion process. I especially like the batching feature.
                                            Again thanks for your back and forth. Hope that you had a nice holiday weekend..Tom Taras tstaras@aol.com
                                            • 19. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                              Kodebuster Level 3

"If I am reading all correctly from Microsoft I will need to order a CD as all of the download prompts lead to Microsoft Update which I have running all the time but will not allow a direct download."

First time I've seen this where Microsoft doesn't allow for a direct download of WMM 2.1 for XP SP3, but forces you via Update (or a CD).

I know I downloaded WMM in the past, but my XP machines only went to SP2, as I never got around to loading SP3.

Either way there's more than one way to skin this cat.

A quick google of WMM 2.1 turns up this link, which does allow a direct download of Movie Maker for XP.

http://www.brothersoft.com/windows-movie-maker-67210.html

(Hunt, even the latest version of WMM for Vista only seems to output in DV-AVI Type I. (That's for both V-32 and V-64). I take the same route as you and use Cyberlinks PowerDirector to get to DV-AVI Type II...)

• 20. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                (Hunt, even the latest version of WMM for Vista only seems to output in DV-AVI Type I. (That's for both V-32 and V-64). I take the same route as you and use Cyberlinks PowerDirector to get to DV-AVI Type II...)

Kodebuster,

Thanks for that update. I'm never sure what changes might get rolled into new OS's, and have long since passed the point where I upgraded them, so very often. (Was not always the case, but now I stick with what works, as long as I can.)

I have found that PE works with Type I's far better than does PrPro, which nearly always has some OOS issue. Often, I just use PE to do my conversions, and never have any OOS. PE just flat plays nice with more formats/CODEC's, than does its "big brother." That was the main reason that I picked up a copy.

Appreciate the info,

Hunt

• 21. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                  tstaras Level 1

Kodebuster,

Thanks. You just don't know how much you don't know until you ask a question or simply say, I don't know can you help. I just downloaded Windows MovieMaker 2.0 from the site you referenced. I've been doing searches for a download too but have not come across the one you noted.Have to get in there now and see what I can make of it....TST

• 22. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                    tstaras Level 1

Well here it is. Thanks to Kodebuster I was able to download  Windows Movie Maker.  But, WMM will not recognize my original Realplayer or Flash Video downloaded files. Since I have already converted these files, via AVS conversion software, to WMV files, I I tried those and it did recognize the WMV conversions.

As a test I imported to WMM a couple of the WMV files, saved the project,  and then tried to import it into PE.... No go.

Is there some protocol to convert these WMV files in WMM other than importing them, saving them as a project, and then trying to export them to PE.

This jungle of files is showing me how little I really know about all of this. Any guidance is appreciated. You all have taken me farther than I have ever been in this process.....THX  TT

• 23. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                      Kodebuster Level 3

Just to clear any confusion on my part, you imported the WMV successfully into WMM.

Drag and dropped the file on the StoryBoard.

Selected "Publish to This Computer".

Gave it a FileName and Folder Location.

Selected "More Settings: DV-AVI (NTSC)" (and took the default settings).

Then hit the Publish Button.

You then imported this DV-AVI file into PE and it failed.

Do these files play okay within WMM. or with some other Media Player.

Usually if I can get a media file into WMM, Play and Publish to DV-AVI, it works great with PE (unless the file is corrupt to begin with).

I'm running out of tricks with these Flash and RealPlayer formats...

• 24. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                        tstaras Level 1

I selected "import to colleciotns" from the File menu, broused to my folder with the WMV, files selected one, and it came into WMM.  After that I could find none of the other choices you mention, i.e. "publish to this computer", and "other settings", or the option to rename the file and a locaton. I'm familiar with that protocol or something simillar to it from my AVS conversion softrware but I can't find that track in WMM. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong or going about importing improperly. Could you step me through a conversion using WMM.  TT

• 25. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                          Kodebuster Level 3

The directions above were for WMM v6 running on Vista (which are slightly different than XP, but not by much...lol)

I fired up one of my XP machines so we are on the same page.

This is for WMM v2.1.4026.0 :

Load the file to WMM via "Import to Collections".

Drag and Drop file to StoryBoard.

At this point, the file should Play okay in the Monitor, if it doesn't all bets are off.

Under Movie Tasks (if not visible on the left, open pane via File Menu/View/Task Pane).

Select "Finish Movie/Save to My Computer".

Enter a FileName and Folder Location (via Browse).

Select Next.

Under Movie Settings:

Select "Other Settings".

Via the Drop Down Box Select "DV-AVI (NTSC)".

Click on Next and WMM will generate the DV-AVI file to the Folder you indicated.

This DV-AVI can now be imported into PE and should work with no issues...

• 26. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                            tstaras Level 1

OK first just for the record the version of WMM that came in the download is Version 5.0 for XP Media Center SP3, so it might look a bit different than the 2.1 version we have been talking about.

Nevertheless I messed around a bit more and ended up doing the following. I opened WMM and also my file folder window, clicked, dragged and dropped a sample file (WMV file conversion from my original RealPlayer/FlashVideo files) into the storyboard.  In order to get to the "save movie file" command, in the FILE pulldown menu I had to put the clip into a project. The "save the movie file" then prompted me to name it, place it in a folder and select an optional format before saving, all similar to your description. In the options pulldown I found DV-AVI NTSC. I selected that and saved.

I then went to PE and tried that file and it finally accepted it without the orange line above the clip that I had when working with the WMV files. So I think that I have come to the end of my journey of discovery here. The only rub that still remains is finding a way to convert Realplayer/FlashVideo files directly to PE compatible formats, since, as it stands I first have to go to WMV files to go to WMM to go to a more efficient editing process in PE, as neither WMM or PE  accepts the Realplayer/FlashVideo files directly.

I guess I have only one final question. Before I get into this process in earnest are there any suggestions on how to proceed with a project that has some 300 clips. I'm thinking that I should break it into sections and save separatly projects in WMM and then pick them up in PE section by section.

So then thanks again to all above that have contirbuted to the solution to my problem. I greatly appreciate your experience and skills in working in this medium.

• 27. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                              Kodebuster Level 3

WMM does not have a batch load and convert option, so it is a manual operation (and can get tedious for 300 clips).

Maybe someone can chime in on a better/easier Workflow via some other conversion process.

Look at the bright side, at least you can get to DV-AVI via this method, and that should reduce substantially the crash and burn issues you've encountered.

Good Luck...

• 28. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a freeware utility that might speed things up a bit, Pazera FLV to AVI Converter 1.1. I have also found that my copy of PrPro 2 (on my laptop only) actually handles FLV files nicely. This is not supposed to happen, as full FLV support was not included until PrPro CS3, and then improved in CS4. What I have not yet discovered is why/how this one copy does what it does.

The mystery deepens: both my workstation and my laptop have an installation of PrPro CS2 from the same installation discs. Both run XP-Pro SP3. The workstation has more CODEC's than the laptop, and the ones on the laptop match those on the workstation, while the workstation has more than the laptop. Both have a copy of FLV to AVI. Both have a version of Nero. Both have Adobe Player and the same QT-Pro player. The laptop does have PE4 installed, while the workstation does not. Other than possibly the version of Nero, or maybe a module of it, all things that I can think to check match up. I've narrowed it down to probably somethng in Nero, that allows the laptop's PrPro2 to handle the FLV files with ease. To date, I have not found out what that "something" is. Will report, when/if Ifind it. In the meantime, I just bring the FLV's into PrPro on the laptop, convert to DV-AVI Type II and can work on these on either computer.

I'm certainly not advocating that one go out and buy PrPro CS2 (you couldn't if you wanted to, as it's been replaced twice now), especially as if the installation was exactly as on my workstation, it would not work, as it is not supposed to work. If I find out why/how my laptop behaves as it does, I'll share, because that thing, whatever it is, might work with PE7. It does not work with PE4.

Until I locate the "magic key," I'll just recommend FLV to AVI Converter for others.

Good luck, and thank you for reporting,

Hunt

• 29. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                                  tstaras Level 1

Just a short update.

While MM does not have the batch feature, I have been successful today in  importing groups of files about 10-20 at a time and making them into a project. I save it to my computer as an avi file and then import the movie into PE. So far its going very smooth. Haven't done anything in PE yet except a bit of cleanup and organization but already I can see a marked improvement in the operation of PE. Its hands down more responsive that it was with the WMA file just as you all predicted it would be. I haven't looked into Hunt's suggested download to handle Flash and REalplayer files yet as this project already has the WMA conversions that are working ok so far. More to come. Thanks all again.  TT

• 30. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

I use a shareware program, DigitalMedia Converter, for 95% of my conversion work. It does offer batch conversion and works with most properly installed CODEC's on my system. It does not ship with, or install any CODEC's, which is how I would want it. It's about US$50, and I loved it so much that I bought another copy for my laptop. On either of my systems, it's very quick. Load it up, check the settings, point it to the output folder, hit OK, and get a cup of coffee. On the workstation, I usually cannot finish the coffee, before it's down. Now, file size, CODEC's needed, etc. will dictate the speed, as will one's CPU and I/O sub-system, but it's still fast and much easier than doing it one file at a time.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 31. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                                      tstaras Level 1

Good Morning,

Just a short note to say that although tedious, I converted all the WMV files I was using to the proper avi's, via Windows Movie Maker and PE never worked better. I was able to put together the material I had hoped for successfuly. I am going to look into the conversion software you mentioned earilier though as the batch feature will be a huge savings in time. I am not doing this on a clock but everybodies time is valuable.

I can also see the need for more storage too. The converted files are much larger than the WMV originals or the Flash files they came from. The folder I have with the conversions in is a whopping 27GB and that folder plus all the source file folders has now taken my 250GB HD to about 89%. In fact I will have to move all of the working files and the conversions off to either an external or another larger internal.

I'm sure that you and the others on this thread have been there and done all of this but for me its beem a real education in this part of the process.

Thanks again to all that contibuted. I just wanted to let you know that participating was time well spent and very helpful.

One final question which I am sure is also basic. What is the distinction between a DVD+RW and a DVD-RW. My burner will use either but I cannot seem to find a definition for this, but rather just of the R vs RW or reuseable feature but not the + -.

Sincerely.  Tom Taras

• 32. Re: Premier Elements 4, Freeze or Crashes
                                                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Tom,

That is good news. As for the conversion programs, there are some freeware apps, that get high marks here. I do not use them, but others can comment. As for the storage, Fry's Electronics (Web and Western States/US) just had a 1TB external for US$89.00. Won't tell you what I've been paying for those (different brand, but still!), and for my 2TB units. Prices are falling, and falling quickly.

Good luck,

Hunt