7 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2009 11:47 PM by junoflydog

help!premiere elements 7

nikiprobst

hey finally i downloaded premiere elements 7 yuss.

when i put my footage on its all one scene although i have recorded heaps of seperate one

my main poblem is when i put the footage on the sceneline it show up but then i go to timeline and the pictures are footage and theres just a little bar along the top.its so fustrating because i can re arange clips and delete them.what do i do?

thanks

• 1. Re: help!premiere elements 7
          Paul_LS Level 4

Sorry I am not too clear on what you are saying. What video format are you using? DV-AVI captured over firewire to PE7? And it has NOT been split into seperate clips during capturing by timecode?

Or you have put clips on the Timeline and you cant see them, but they show up as one scene in Sceneline mode? If so, the video is probably on Timeline track 4 (scroll up the video tracks) if it is 5.1 surround sound audio. If you selected a stereo audio project preset the first three tracks are stereo and if a 5.1 audio track is added it will be added to track 4, and these clips will not then show up in Sceneline mode. If you video is high definition AVCHD select a 5.1 audio AVCHD project preset and your video will go to track 1 and will be seen in Sceneline mode. If your video is standard definition MPEG2 with 5.1 audio you will need to work with a standard definition project preset but work in Timeline mode, you can delete the empty tracks 2 and 3.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: help!premiere elements 7
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Two important bits of info are missing:

1.) where did the footage come from, i.e. was it Captured from the camera over FireWire with PE, was it downloaded from the Internet, etc.? If from camera, which make and model, please?

2.) when you started your New Project, what Preset did you choose?

With that info, someone will likely be able to step you through the editing process.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: help!premiere elements 7
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The upper left corner of this page has a link to DOWNLOAD HELP PDF http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereElements/7.0/

Do so... and read the user guide to find out how to do things

Also, since you downloaded the program, read this http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM#SmartOwn

• 4. Re: help!premiere elements 7
                nikiprobst Level 1

sorry i got media from a dvd camcorder and i started a new project. where does it say video tracks?

the camera is a sony  dvd handycam DCR-DVD403 Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar

• 5. Re: help!premiere elements 7
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Your Project Preset (chosen when you chose Project New) will need to be for a Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorder and choose either the Standard or Widescreen, per how the footage was shot. Then you'll need to Get Media.

If you are not sure about the specs of the files that your camera shoots, you can download and install G-Spot. It will give you all of the details on your camera's files.

John's links will really help you with getting things going in PE. I'd also recommend reading over the FAQ's, as there is a load of useful info there. The Tips & Tricks section is very helpful too.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: help!premiere elements 7
                    nikiprobst Level 1

where does it say video tracks?

• 7. Re: help!premiere elements 7
                      junoflydog Level 1

If I understand what you are saying is - all of your clips are recorded as one big clip.

It appears your DVD camera does not let Premiere know where each scene is.

There is an easy fix.  Set the red CTI (current time indicator) to the beginning of each recorded clip in the time line then press "split clip" in the monitor window.  This will make two separate clips.  Do this for each recorded clip and then you can move, arrange, and delete each clip.

Remember, this will not effect the original recording on your hard drive (i.e. it will stay as one big clip), but it will allow Premiere Elements to edit your footage.

Scott