2 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2009 10:26 AM by the_wine_snob

PE7 How to hide Narration and Soundtrack

Geoff Alexander Level 1

As I rarely use these tracks I want to hide them to give me more space without constantly scroling. I know that hide audio doesn't work. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: PE7 How to hide Narration and Soundtrack
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, Narration and Soundtrack are permanently part of the interface. You can't hide or remove them.

• 2. Re: PE7 How to hide Narration and Soundtrack
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As Steve points out, they are always present. Now, you might be able to tailor you view a bit, to accommodate what you're doing.

Once you have populated your Timeline with your Audio and Video Clips, you can Delete Unused Tracks (Audio & Video). This will NOT remove your Soundtrack and Narration, but will likely clean up a few empty VT's and AT's on your Timeline. Then, you can vertically expand your used VT/AT view to fill the area of the Timeline you're working on. This will effectively move these two Tracks off the screen - you'd have to do a vertical scroll to see them. You might find this more to your liking. Also, if PE finds that you need more VT's, or AT's later, it'll create them for you.

Personally, I like the layout of the AT/VT's in PrPro, where all Video is above a central line, and all Audio is below it. To me, this is a much more intuitive way to work, but many PE users (since PE3) love having the VT and AT grouped. Different folk see it all differently.

Good luck,

Hunt