3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2009 1:08 PM by EvolvedDSM

Is Cairngorm something I would want to use?

EvolvedDSM Level 2

I've heard of Cairngorm for some time now and I know it's been around for a while.  I decided to look into exactly what it does today because I have no clue and I've been writing Flex apps since the release of Flex 2.  I can't find many good resources that don't state the obvious on Adobe's page.

"Cairngorm is the lightweight micro-architecture for Rich Internet Applications built in Flex or AIR. A collaboration of recognized design patterns, Cairngorm exemplifies and encourages best-practices for RIA development advocated by Adobe Consulting, encourages best-practice leverage of the underlying Flex framework, while making it easier for medium to large teams of software engineers deliver medium to large scale, mission-critical Rich Internet Applications."

This means very little to me aside from wanting to build RIA's in Flex and wanting to use best practices in doing so.

So can anyone kindly break down what Cairngorm is or what it does?  Or can provide some links to a getting-started guide?  Anything that might help me understand what it is and whether it's something I'd like to use.  thanks!