4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2011 11:57 PM by Peter Grainge Branched to a new discussion.

Project Error - files unable to open

Veteditor

I have a large project, complex file structure, using RoboHelp 8.0. Here is a history of the problem:

1. The application suddenly quit, and I received the error message: "Adobe RoboHelp 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

2. I reinstalled RoboHelp, even moved the project to a different computer with a fresh install of RoboHelp, and the application still quit every time I try to open the .xpj file.

3. I renamed the old .xpj file and clicked on the  .hhk file to restore.

4. I received a number of "illegal file" errors as a result of old pdf (baggage) files that had an apostrophe in the file name.  (I have addressed these files per file name).

5. I was able to open the project BRIEFLY from the .hhk.

6. As soon as I opened the Table of Contents, the project closed and I again received the message: "Adobe RoboHelp 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm trying again, but I have a deadline to meet, and no files available. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Helen S.