4 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 1:42 PM by Gregory Lafrance

Gumbo SDK - no longer generating html-template html file

Gregory Lafrance Level 6

I installed the Gumbo Flex 4 SDK and all was well, but suddenly any apps using Gumbo do not generate the default wrapper HTML file and the html-template folder is empty.

I tried changing targeted Flash Player, compiler, restart Flex, then restart machine. No luck.

Any ideas?

• 2. Re: Gumbo SDK - no longer generating html-template html file
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6

That's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?

• 3. Re: Gumbo SDK - no longer generating html-template html file
            BennyBeta Level 4

Sorry I don't know what the problem is, but I use the following as my HTML Template (it's much more compact than what Flex Builder generates anyway):

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
            <html lang="en">
            <head>
               <title>${title}</title>
               <style>
               body { margin: 0px; overflow: hidden; }
               </style>

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.1/swfobject.js"></script>
               <script type="text/javascript">
               var flashVars = {
                    testVar: "value"
                 };
                 var params = {
                    allowFullScreen: "true",
                    allowScriptAccess: "sameDomain"
                 };

swfobject.embedSWF( "${swf}.swf", "swf", "${width}", "${height}", "10.0.0", "playerProductInstall.swf", flashVars, params );
               </script>
            </head>
            <body scroll="no">

<div id="swf">
                  <p>Alternative content</p>
                </div>

</body>
            </html>

I hope that helps.  Let me know if you like it!

Ben Edwards

• 4. Re: Gumbo SDK - no longer generating html-template html file
              Gregory Lafrance Level 6

I got this workaround from Adobe, though I have not tried it out yet:

1.       Browse to your SDK 3’s templates folder and copy the following folders:

a.       Client-side-detection

b.      Client-side-detection-with-history

c.       Express-installation

d.      Express-installation-with-history

e.      No-player-detection

f.        No-playerdetection-with-history

g.       Swfobject

2.       Paste these folders into the “templates” folder of your Flex 4 SDK.

3.       In your copy of Flex Builder 3.x, switch to a new workspace (File > Switch Workspace > Other…), choosing a new/unused location.

4.       When FB relaunches, immediately (before creating projects) add the Flex 4 SDK that you just pasted the templates into.

5.       Import your existing project(s) from your previous workspace.  You can use whichever method you want – the general eclipse project importer should work for a large number of projects (File > Import > Other… > General > Existing projects into workspace)

6.       After you import the projects, set them to use your Flex 4 SDK and change the target player to 10.0.0.

From this point on, the templates you copied into your Flex 4 sdk should be used.  I believe that the problem is a combination of things – FB 3.x would expect to see those template directories.  Additionally, I think the templates are cached in the workspace, so I think it seems safer to use a new one.