Expand my Community achievements bar.

Publishing to the Web

Level 2

I'm creating a form that will be accessed from the web. I've done the "Publish to Repository" and am able to bring the document up, but it does not open within the browser. This is a miner issue, but I'm looking for it to me opened within the browser. Does it really matter? Once opened, the user will then fill it in and Print it out.

Here is the URL: http://www.prodieselracersassociation.com/Regi.pdf

The form has other issues, like the radio buttons don't function as they should (both are selectable) and I need a text box to calculate based on the checkboxes selected, But I intend on opening up new discussion for them.

Thanks for you attention and time,

D

4 Replies

Former Community Member

The radio buttons around new membership and renewal are working as expected. Whta behaviour are you looking for?

Paul

Level 2

This post was primarily pertaining to accessing the PDF from the web so users could pull it up from a URL and fill it out in their browser. The PDF keeps coming up in acrobat though, but I'm not sure if it's really an issue. Does it really matter whether the PDF comes up within the browser, or through acrobat? I'm starting to think probably not. I had another post pertaining to the radio issue which is handled.

Thanks for your attention,

D

Former Community Member

That behaviour is controlled by a setting in the Acrobat/Reader preferences. By default if you in a browser and the user clicks on a link to your PDF an ActiveX control is loaded in your browser and the PDF is loaded in there. You have the same functionality as in native Acrobat but menus are hidden to stop confusion for the user (between browser menus and Accrobat menus).

Paul

Level 2

Thanks Paul, I'll have to look into security features once it's ready for the public so the only changes made to it are in the fields they are allowed access to and not text written on the form.

D