4 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2009 9:47 AM by the_wine_snob

audio driver issue

JBrown321 Level 1

I am using a soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS with CS4.  I am having an issue arise when randomly I will get an error message that says "the previously selected asio driver could not be loaded" then it defaults back to premiere pro WDM sound.  I would not mind so much using the default exept for the fact that it is out of sync going out via firewire. Any ideas why my soundcard is working fine and then sudenly premiere has problems with driver? Any help is greatly appreciated.  My computer specs are listed below if this helps.

Intel core i7 920

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

6 gigs ram

Vista 64

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

Geforce 285

• 1. Re: audio driver issue
          Kona Bob Level 2

I have noticed the exact same problem.

My system is similar: Intel i7/ Vista 64/ SB XFi.

I have no answer, but if there are two of us, there's gotta be a lot more out there.

Someone clever will have figured it out. Let's hope he sees this post.

• 2. Re: audio driver issue
            fred tyler Level 1

I have much the same system ie, P6T deluxe v2 i7 920 chip 12 Gb Ram, sb audigy 2 zs, and did have early probs with pp trying to revert to Premiere Pro WDM sound. Just change it in Audio hardware setting of preferances to SB Audigy 2ZS [E880] and it should stay at that.

note Driver is 6.0.1.1370 from SB dont use microsofts driver.

• 3. Re: audio driver issue
              spreeni Level 1

This does not have to do anything with your soundcard or its driver. I've got this error message on professional audio systems, too. I tried M-Audio 2496 and a MOTU firewire device. All audio systems work good, but from time to time I get this asio-driver-error-message from premiere. I have to go into settings an choose asio driver again, then it works for a while until next message.

I saw the same problems on some cs3 installations so I think it must be a problem of software design.

Try to rise your asio buffers this might help a bit. What definitely helps is to choose the Adobe ASIO driver (Premiere Pro WDM Sound), doubleclick it and select your preferred sound-hardware. This could produce a little bit higher latencies but it's working.

• 4. Re: audio driver issue
                the_wine_snob Level 9

For many, an update to their Audio driver will cure similar problems. Audio drivers are released very often, and things like Windows updates can render these obsolete instantly.

Next, many have found that the installation of ASIO4All has cleared up a lot of ASIO driver issues. Remember - you will need to set every Audio program to use it. Depending on your system, this could take a few hours, and you might forget one program, or two. When you go to use them, and the Audio in them does not work, just change that program's Audio Preferences.

Good luck,

Hunt