0 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2009 10:44 PM by getho

motion tween easing and timeline

getho Level 2

just using flash cs4 for the first time (after flash 8). It seems to be the one program where theres a lot of new features since that version (yay new features!) That I dont know how to use (boo!)

So far I feel like someone at adobe made the mistake of letting the programmers design the usibility, but then flash has always been a bit unintuitive:

so -

I create a motion tween but by default it runs to the end of the animation, which makes it difficult to design a custom ease. So I add a blank keyframe to make it only 20 frames long.  Get my easing sorted, but now I want to set it so that it so that it remains visible on the stage for the rest of the animation.  I cant insert a key frame, and if I remove the blank keyframe, the bloody easing which I've just spent an hour getting my head around, is stretched out to the end of the animation.  And presumably if I insert more frames at any point the easing will also get mucked up.

so is there a way to either convert a blank keyframe to an old fashined timeline keyframe after a motion tween OR

fix the easing so that it applies between the original points?

Oh yeah, and ctrl-y instead of ctrl-shift-z. WTF?