I'm not sure about Captivate 3, but Captivate 4 should work fine on Vista. But you need to be aware that vista comes in two flavors. 32 bit and 64 bit. The may be issues if you have the 64 bit variety. This variety is becoming more and more dominant as newer PCs are sold.
1 person found this helpful
If you use Vista 64-bit I would definetly recommend against buying Captivate 4. I use Vista 64-bit at home and I have been having alot of problems with CP4. Basically Captivate 4 is useless on a 64-bit system.
- I can't record demonstrations at all
- I can't add audio (MP3, WAV)
- I can't record audio using a microphone
- I can't open projects containing audio.
- A lot of other small annoying bugs which only happens on Vista 64-bit.
I sincerely hope that Adobe will provide an update to fix these issues because as Rick says 64-bit systems are more and more normal now.
Thank you both so much. That answers my questions. I am glad you both mentioned the difference in Vista. I had no idea about that and I am now noticing the Vista 64 stuff in the adds!!!