2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2008 6:12 PM by

css conflict resolution

jayne1986
      I'm in the process of testing out a template for my site and continue to experience an issue when previewing the page in Firefox 1.8.1.14 using Windows XP. The page in question is:

http://www.quittersblog.com/test/

The page displays fine in IE 6.0.2 but when viewed in FF the content div continues to be kicked down below the nav div instead of staying alongside. I have both divs floated left, I’ve scoured through the code to see if there’s anything I’m missing, and DW’s compatibility check doesn’t come back with anything. Any help would be appreciated!
        • 1. Re: css conflict resolution
          Level 7
          Hello,

Floated elements should have a width.

Try this:

#content {
          float: left;
          font-size: 90%;
          line-height: 120%;
          padding: 15px;
          width: 500px;
          }

Adjust as needed.

Take care,
          Tim
          "jayne1986" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g39eqc$4j5$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm in the process of testing out a template for my site and continue to
          > experience an issue when previewing the page in Firefox 1.8.1.14 using
          > Windows
          > XP. The page in question is:
          >
          > http://www.quittersblog.com/test/
          >
          > The page displays fine in IE 6.0.2 but when viewed in FF the content div
          > continues to be kicked down below the nav div instead of staying
          > alongside. I
          > have both divs floated left, I?ve scoured through the code to see if
          > there?s
          > anything I?m missing, and DW?s compatibility check doesn?t come back with
          > anything. Any help would be appreciated!
          >

• 2. Re: css conflict resolution
            Yes u are correct i should not have made this small mistake thank you