5 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2009 8:37 PM by the_wine_snob

writer initialisation error !  has this been resolved in CS3

shooternz Level 6

I can not encode a wmv from CS3 (since installing CS4) without getting the "writer initialisation error " message.

Has there been any resolution to this issue or any one know a fix.?

I do not wish to continually export an avi then create a wmv from that in Adobe Media Encoder(CS4) or MS Media Encoder.

I know that works but the workflow is time consuming ,tedious and in efficient when all I want is "quick and dirty" preview wmvs direct from the timeline as I used to be able to do.

Sidenote.  This forum setup  continues to be dire and unpleasant to use since it changed !.  Anyone having any sort of decent experience with it?  (How?)

• 1. Re: writer initialisation error !  has this been resolved in CS3
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, I can only address the very last part: I'm with you about 95% on the subject of the forum Craig. I'm trying, but find little joy, other than the posts themselves.

As for the rest, I only wish I had anything for you, but I do not.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: writer initialisation error !  has this been resolved in CS3
            shooternz Level 6

Thanx.Hunt

After posting this morning, I discovered another little workflow that may help someone in this situation.

The CS4 Media Encoder (standalone) will import a Sequence from a CS3 Premiere Project and export whatever...

This at least saves the intermediate "Movie" File.

Simply Add the Project to the A M Encoder and choose the sequence. (surprisingly...it works!)

I guess that will have to do meantime.

re the Forum...I have deliberately stayed away until now because of the frustration involved.  Only popping in on occassion to see if there are any signs of a CS4 update/fix/repair.  (I do not use the CS4 Premiere component at all now and wait patiently to see if they can even repair it at all)

I do not know how anyone has the patience to come here and contribute while this site is in such a state!

• 3. Re: writer initialisation error !  has this been resolved in CS3
              the_wine_snob Level 9

That workaround looks neat and should save someone in the future - until 4.1 anyway.

As for the fora, I just assumed that you were here, but using one of your AKA's... [Grin]

Hunt

• 4. Re: writer initialisation error !  has this been resolved in CS3
                shooternz Level 6

I have been forced into using this name.  Lost the original  (Craig Howard) and can not restore it.

Can not create a new one because the email address is already used...

Account remembers its me...the Forum doesnt

Its been far to hard to get back in so I watched as a visitor only.

etc...etc....

The whole tone of this place has changed so much.  (Dare I say... its value has declined.)

• 5. Re: writer initialisation error !  has this been resolved in CS3
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Craig,

I'm with you. The_wine_snob was a screen name that I set up almost a decade ago, but was never used on Adobe. I had forgotten about it, and even did a blending of all of my Adobe accounts, etc., long ago. When the new forum debuted, that old screen name was back. I tried to change it to Bill Hunt, but Adobe tells me that it is in use. Heck, I set that one up, when Adobe first established an Internet presence. Some day, I'll call Adobe and blend the accounts once again. This stuff happens, when you have an account, before there was an Internet.

Good luck, and do not stay such a stranger to the "new and improved" fora. It does take time, and major effort to love it, but things are getting a bit better. Also, the MOD's indicate that it is still a work-in-progress, so there is still hope.

Hunt