3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2008 8:01 AM by mcjack

Missing CSS and other layouts in Dreamweaver CS3

mcjack Level 1
      I just recently upgraded to CS3 Mac -- I know, a little late -- and when I hit New > New Document window pops up with the type of new document selectable on the left and an empty field on the right when certain options on the left are selected, such as CSS. No options appear, like they do for HTML. I bought the download products (CS3 Design Premium ) and even reinstalled Dreamweaver. Still no bonus layouts. Suggestions?? I do not have the disc with this download product. It is genuine Adobe. I upgraded from Dw 8, but I have deleted 8.
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Missing CSS and other layouts in Dreamweaver CS3
          Level 7
          This is as designed. When you select CSS as the document type, you will get
          a blank CSS declaration and you can type CSS rules to make a CSS page. That
          is what it is supposed to do. If you want the CSS layouts that come with
          the product, then select HTML (or ASP, PHP, etc) and the CSS layouts are in
          the second pane over. Select the document type like HTML and then select
          the layout you want to use in the second column and then click the Create
          button.

--
          Nancy Gill
          Adobe Community Expert
          Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
          Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
          Technical Editor: Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,
          DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide
          Mastering Macromedia Contribute
          Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"mcjack" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gbcjsf$g4k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I just recently upgraded to CS3 Mac -- I know, a little late -- and when I
          >hit
          > New > New Document window pops up with the type of new document selectable
          > on
          > the left and an empty field on the right when certain options on the left
          > are
          > selected, such as CSS. No options appear, like they do for HTML. I bought
          > the
          > download products (CS3 Design Premium ) and even reinstalled Dreamweaver.
          > Still
          > no bonus layouts. Suggestions?? I do not have the disc with this download
          > product. It is genuine Adobe. I upgraded from Dw 8, but I have deleted 8.
          > Thanks.
          >

• 2. Re: Missing CSS and other layouts in Dreamweaver CS3
            Level 7
            A CSS page has no presentational ability. It only contains CSS rules.
            These rules are designed to affect the presentation of some associated HTML
            page.

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            ==================

"mcjack" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gbcjsf$g4k$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I just recently upgraded to CS3 Mac -- I know, a little late -- and when I
            >hit
            > New > New Document window pops up with the type of new document selectable
            > on
            > the left and an empty field on the right when certain options on the left
            > are
            > selected, such as CSS. No options appear, like they do for HTML. I bought
            > the
            > download products (CS3 Design Premium ) and even reinstalled Dreamweaver.
            > Still
            > no bonus layouts. Suggestions?? I do not have the disc with this download
            > product. It is genuine Adobe. I upgraded from Dw 8, but I have deleted 8.
            > Thanks.
            >

• 3. Re: Missing CSS and other layouts in Dreamweaver CS3
              mcjack Level 1
              Thanks. Turns out it was a dumb question.