15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2014 1:19 PM by 4alxndr

error compiling movie unknown error???

rikki123456789 Level 1

recently iv been experiencing a lot of trouble with exporting movies into any format on the media encoder. i have set the export settings to match the captured footage which is square pixels, 50 frame rate, size 1280x720 etc . it was all captured on a samsung vp hmx10 and has been edited on vista . i would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

• 1. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
          Kona Bob Level 2

Would need more info about your system. Are you Vista 32 or 64 & how much RAM do you have? How long are your programs?

If you are running 32 bit OS w/ 3-4 GB RAM, the problem may well be inherent Premiere memory/resource management issues.

I had this exact problem frequently w/ Premiere CS3 on XP 32 with timelines over 15 min or so in length.

Not an issue (so far) with Intel i7, Vista 64 & 12 GB RAM.

It's also possible there is a corrupt clip or transition on the timeline that is causing the failure to compile.

• 2. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
            rikki123456789 Level 1

im not sure if im 32 or 64 i have a feeling its 32 bit because often see that crop up in my video properties i have 3 gig of ram also. do you need any more info to help me?

• 3. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
              Jim_Simon Level 8

a lot of trouble with exporting movies into any format on the media encoder.

What specific trouble?  Details.

• 4. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                rikki123456789 Level 1

it will get some of the way through encoding the project but will then stop and come up with the error compiling movie unknown error

• 5. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                  Kroycom Level 1

Your camcorder records in 60p and H.264, right? Not sure how well Premiere Pro

works with that. But provided you've had success with it in the past and you're just now

experiencing problems...

Try these steps:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/332/332331.html

If none of that helps go here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/880407

Error could also be caused if you're using any STILL IMAGES in your timeline.

Also, if you're low on disk space you may get this error.

• 6. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                    rikki123456789 Level 1

i have tried many different export settings now and on some it will say that it has successfully exported but then when i open the file i see that the quality is awful and that it only playds the fist 30 seconds or so of the 5 minute long video i really need help with this it is urgent.the erroe message when i click the warning icon says this in notepad.

- Source File: C:\Users\Rikki\AppData\Local\Temp\toexport_6.prproj

- Output File: C:\Users\Rikki\Documents\gogogogogogog.mp4

- Preset Used: Custom

- Video: PAL, 1280x720, 25 [fps], Upper

- Audio: AAC+ Version 1, 32 [kbps], 48 kHz, Stereo

- Bitrate: VBR, 1 Pass, Target 6.00, Max 10.00 [Mbps]

- Encoding Time: 00:04:58

25/05/2009 16:13:44 : Encoding Failed

-----------------------------------------

Error compiling movie.

Unknown error.

-----------------------------------------

• 7. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                      fuaho Level 1

Premiere does not work well with many normal codecs for 1280x720 and will only export for awhile before stopping.

Your footage is probably progressive, but your settings indicate "upper" which is interlaced.

Use the uncompressed UYVY (NOT 210) setting and export a complete, although large file then use some other piece of software that works (unlike Premiere) to apply your compression to a smaller size.

HTH,

• 8. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                        rikki123456789 Level 1

how do i set it to uyvy and what is it?

• 9. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                          rikki123456789 Level 1

ok when i managed to get a successful export in good quality but it is only the first 30 seconds of my video and the audio is out of sync . This time the log for AME looked like this.

25/05/2009 19:53:07 : Queue Started

- Source File: C:\Users\Rikki\AppData\Local\Temp\toexport_9.prproj

- Output File: C:\Users\Rikki\Documents\theonethatwillwork.avi

- Preset Used: Custom

- Video: 1280x720, 50 [fps], Progressive, Quality 100

- Audio: 48000 Hz, Stereo, 32 bit float

- Bitrate:

- Encoding Time: 00:03:19

25/05/2009 19:56:57 : File Successfully Encoded

25/05/2009 19:56:57 : Queue Stopped

It says its successful but it clearly isnt when you watch the video

• 10. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                            Kroycom Level 1

Are you sure you're exporting the entire timeline, not just a portion of it?

Make sure that little gray bar on top of your time line stretches all the way from the very

beginning to the very end of your movie.

Also, when you export with AME make sure that yellow indicator line goes all the way from

the beginning to the end....

What Preset are you using to edit your footage?

• 11. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

For  WAB (Work Area Bar), see below. This is something that is often overlooked and underutilized. Depending on the zoom-level of the Timeline, many never even see it. Though I'd read the manual a couple of times, I still wondered what the little "knurled" square in the middle of my Timeline was. I'd click it and nothing would happen - of course not, the WAB was fully extended, and that is what that little square does. Then, when I needed it, and began poking about, it all began to make sense.

WAB in Premiere Elements

OK, the server is not accepting the image. I will try in an additional post below.

Hunt

• 12. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

It seems that the server is just not taking images right now. Tried four different sizes, and first one was posted successfully to the PrElements forum a few days back. Will try again later, or go find the link to the article.

Sorry for this,

Hunt

• 13. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                                  rikki123456789 Level 1

The AME is set to encode the whole thing but sometimes it will do 5 seconds sometimes 30 seconds and other times it wont work at all. the preset being used for the sequnce is the HDV 720p preset so 25fps, square pixels, 48khz audio etc...

• 14. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                                    scott biggs

I was receiving the "Error compiling movie." and then the "Unknown error" windows a LOT while simply trying to render my previews!  I'm using Premiere Pro 2, and working on a HD 720 project 24p fps.  Oh yeah, I'm using the Raylight codecs to translate the Panasonic P2 card data.

After trying (and eliminating) everything suggested here, I thought it was because of the TONS (nearly 3000) of titles that were simply bogging everything down.  I even broke up my project into tiny pieces, but still I'd get this error within just a few seconds of rendering.

But for me, the solution was simple: stop using Premiere in multi-monitor mode.  I had bought another monitor for the obvious reasons, but I assume that the video card is over-taxed trying to work two monitors at once.  Once back in single monitor mode, I haven't seen this error again!

Hope this helps someone who's in the same boat I was!  Good luck,

-scott

• 15. Re: error compiling movie unknown error???
                                      4alxndr Level 1

I solved this problem. The error was caused by Cross Dissolve on the Adjustment Layer.

Win 7 x64 CS6