5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2009 9:10 PM by the_wine_snob

Can't upload to Youtube

vidblues

I'm surprised that noone addressed this problem but now it is impossible to login to Youtube account to upload videos directly through Adove Premiere Elements. Now they create a Google account instead of Youtube account when signing up at Youtube site and this makes Youtube upload with the new account impossible. It says: "The username and password you provided do not match. Please try again." when one tries to login with his login and password. Adobe should address this issue and maybe provide a new update to solve this problem.

• 1. Re: Can't upload to Youtube
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I have no trouble loading directly to YouTube using the YouTube Share function. So I guess I don't understand your concern.

Regardless, it's unlikely you'll see an update from Adobe on a non-performance related issue -- particularly so late in the version's life cycle. But you should certainly contact Adobe if you think it's an issue. Posting on this forum won't get the message through. Contact them by clicking the Contact button at the top of this page.

Meantime, you can set up a custom upload as a Share option to load directly to any site.

And I personally prefer using the method described in the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390608?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Can't upload to Youtube
            vidblues Level 1

I used to have no problem uploading about a month ago. But recently they made changes with new Youtube accounts. In the past Youtube and Google accounts were seperate. Now whan you want to register with Youtube, you're forwarded to the Google site and they give you a Google account which also works with Youtube. It is impossible to login and upload to Youtube with Adobe Premiere.

If you please, you can go to youtube site, register for a new account and try to upload something using Adobe Premiere. This way you can see what my problem is.

• 3. Re: Can't upload to Youtube
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Hmm. You could be right. As I said, I'm having no problem uploading to my current YouTube account. Maybe starting a new account gets too convoluted.

Hopefully someone else can offer a solution then.

As I've said, I never use the direct-to-YouTube upload anyway. I get much better quality using the two-step method described in the FAQs.

• 4. Re: Can't upload to Youtube
                xzr1tv

This appears to be a problem related to specific accounts!

I have one account that works great!

A second account gets the USERID/PASSWORD problem.

However that same USERID/PASSWORD works great on the site.

I am currently trying to pursue with Google/YouTube, but progress is SLOW>

• 5. Re: Can't upload to Youtube
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

YouTube has been a "moving target," regarding the specs, for some time. Now, it appears that the accounts can also be a problem.

With a program like PE, when the recipient is constantly changing things, it is totally impossible to account for these changes.

If you do get things to work, please report, as others will benefit from your efforts.

Hunt