3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2009 7:32 AM by Eddie Lotter

2 novice question

Giovannivolontè Level 1

Hi

i have 2 question about premiere pro cs3

1) import video , install Qlite http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QT_Lite.htm  can increase the video import or export feature ?

2) i'm reallya  novice , i'm a photoshop cs3 user , can i with premiere pro cs3 edit the colors ? make some some part more dark like curve or selective colors ?

thanks

• 1. Re: 2 novice question
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

On the right, near the top, is a link to download the user guide as a PDF

http://www.adobe.com/support/premiere/

1 - For SD (Standard Definition) work, Premiere works best with DV AVI Type 2 files

2 - Look in the user guide you just downloaded to see what effects are available

• 2. Re: 2 novice question
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            1 - For SD (Standard Definition) work, Premiere works best with DV AVI Type 2 files

This cannot be stressed enough. This is the designed workflow for most NLE's, and holds for everything in the Premiere lineup. While some CODEC's can be worked with internally, most cannot. Conversion to DV-AVI Type II w/ 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV will always work best. Even if you have the proper CODEC and it's installed properly on the system, there is no guarantee that Pr can use it. In most cases, it's a certainty that they will not. Also remember that because a player on your system can play a file, there is a great difference between playing a file, and editing a file.

2 - Look in the user guide you just downloaded to see what effects are available

There are many Effects in Pr, that have a correlation to the adjustments in Photoshop, Brightness & Contrast, Highlight & Shadow, Levels and Luma Curves are but a few. The PremierePro-wiki is a great place to explore, after you read the guide from the link that John furnished. I'd suggest that one read all of the FAQ's and then start working through the tutorials. Do not limit your reading to just your version of Pr. Much from earlier and later versions will still apply, though you may have to look for a menu, or be aware of a name change someplace. With a little study, you'll find a lot of similarities between PS and Pr.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: 2 novice question
              Eddie Lotter Level 4

Install QuickTime to deal with quicktime format clips.

See the color correction category for tutorials on changing colors in PPro.

Cheers
              Eddie