3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2009 9:56 AM by SvingXD

Uninstall of Flash causing major problems

DIY_Lobotomy Level 1

Hello -

I had Flash 8 on my computer, and back when CS3 came out I purchased the full suite and installed that.  Yesterday (years later, now) I was cleaning up installs on my computer to free space.  I used Control Panel to remove Flash 8 from my PC...

Now Flash CS3 still launches and works, but I cannot get .swf files to launch on their own at all.  When I double-click them to open them, I get the message:

The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.  Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

I've googled to figure out what that means or how to do it, but I haven't found a decent reply that's been effective.  If I try to drag a .swf into a browser window (or just open it with a browser), it is also not recognized.  Oddly enough, I can view Flash files on web pages no problem (when browsing online)...

Some necessary components must have been removed when Flash 8 was installed.  I suppose I could try re-installing Flash CS3, but the problem with that is that I'm out of town on business for the next 10 days.  My Studio install discs are back at home, and I need to get work done this week!...

Any ideas???  Thanks!...