2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2009 4:08 PM by rpeterson17

import slides

rpeterson17

I am trying to import slides presented at a talk.  I know that powerpoint is not supported as a format to import, so I saved the slides as a .tiff file.  I also tried .gif and .jpeg.  The resolution on the slides are so poor that the text can not be read.  Is there a way to import powerpoint slides and have the resolution be good enough to read the text?

• 1. Re: import slides
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is a common problem when you try to import PowerPoint graphics into video.

Two things contribute to this:

1) Remember that video is essentially 640x480 pixels. Which is fine for TV, but often looks fuzzy and blurry on a computer. This is the reason it looks blurry compared to PowerPoint.

2) You're trying to use text as a graphic, which is not terribly effective, particularly coming out of PowerPoint.

You have two solutions:

1) Recreate all of the text in Premiere Elements using titles instead of trying to import text slides as graphics; or

2) Instead of using Premiere Elements, use a slideshow program, like Pro Show Gold, which will display your graphics at computer resolution rather than video resolution.

• 2. Re: import slides
            rpeterson17 Level 1

Thanks Steve.

Recreating the slides is not a workable solution.  Sometimes they are text, but other times they are graphics.  I am trying to produce DVDs of talks with the slides imbeded in the video.  I understand that any picture or graphic will not be as clear on a video as they were originally.  But text can be read on a video.  I don't understand why the slides have degraded to the point as to be unreadable.

PE has worked well for me for what I have been doing so far.  However, is there a better program for importing graphics into video?  I will be doing a lot of this in the future.