Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom 404 page

Explorer ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a custom 404 page called 404.cfm. I am usingCF8 on IIS6. In IIS 6 I specified this custom 404 page as a File. When a user types a wrong address in IE, I can see my custom 404 page. But when I type the wrong address in Firefox, nothing happens. In Firefox I do not see my custom error page.

If I had setup page incorrectly, then I shouldn’t have been able to see the custom 404 page in IE. Why Firefox is not displaying my custom page? Note that my custom page is a cfm not .htm or .html.

Any idea as what is happening here.

Thanks

Joe Green

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When your page fires, it sends back a 404 header to the browser, and then the browser interprets that accordingly.  Firefox has a few built-in error pages that it can use instead of the 404 from the server.

If you go to about:config in your browser, click the button and search for 'browser.xul.error_pages.enabled' - set that to false (not tried it here, just a

guess).  Does that make it go away and show your custom page?

UPDATE:  Scratch that - didn't work.  I'm sure there is a setting that makes firefox override the 404 error page system, I jsut can't seem to find it - try a google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still searching for Firefox setting. In the mean time I saved my custome 404.cfm page as 404.htm and it works in FF and IE. For some reason FF doesn't show .cfm page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation