2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2006 8:04 AM by JennHysuick

Flex and CF7 "Quirk"

JennHysuick Level 1
      Ok - after a week of "fishing" to find the root cause of why my Flex applications wouldn't work on my ColdFusion server (they would work on my local server, but not the actual remote server), and I couldn't find any record of the error message I was getting

"flex.messaging.io.amf.UnknownTypeException"

So, after much hunting, and trying what everyone else has suggested (even though the errors they were getting were not the same), I started fresh this morning. I ~~WAS~~ working in an instance of ColdFusion Server, and so I removed my instance, and then recreated it, and while looking up how to re-enable RDS I finally "saw the light". I read on one page ( Link) that mentioned Coldfusion MX does not support using RDS if you install multiple instances of ColdFusion MS on a single web server. Since I was using an instance, I tried the exact same code in the main wwwroot of the server,and BAM - workey workey!

My conclusion - Flex Apps won't work in an instance of Coldfusion 7 to connect to CFCs using Flash Remoting. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but I couldn't get it to work, and now it does. If anyone knows of a work around, I'd love to hear it. I like the concept of working in my own instance, but if I can't, no big deal.

Thanks!

Jenn