3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2009 2:23 PM by TimeRemapper

Deleting Video

anura lochan

I hope this is not a stupid question, but it is driving me nuts.  I have a video clip that is 8 min or so, I want to delete or cut the first 4 min.  I have found how to use the “B” and “N” keys to delineate the segment I wish to work in, but the rest of the video clip is still there.  How do I edit a video clip and actually discard unwanted sections?

• 1. Re: Deleting Video
          TimeRemapper Level 4

There are a number of ways to do this.

The easiest, being that you have already set your work area using the "b" and "n" keys, would be to go under the "Composition" menu, and choose "Trim Comp To Work Area".

You can also use "alt/option [" or "alt/option ]" with the layer selected in the timeline in order to trim the ends of the layer.

Also, you can drag the ends of the layer (when you mouse over the ends of the layer, you'll see the cursor change) in, or out.

• 2. Re: Deleting Video
            anura lochan Level 1

Thanks Steve,

I must be doing something wrong.  I have used the "B" and "N" keys and then

"Trim Comp to fit work area" - I then save this as a project.  But when I

hit the "first Frame" in the video preview box, the darn thing returns me to

the very first frame, of the section that I thought I had deleted.  Any

suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

• 3. Re: Deleting Video
              TimeRemapper Level 4

Hi anura,

When you trimmed the comp to the work area, did you notice if your timeline is now the duration of your work area, or is your work area still only a small segment of the comp in which you're working?