4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 1:11 PM by PAB

Has anyone here re-compiled the simple file deployment service?

tom12c

Wondering if there might be anyone here who might of re-compiled (successfully) the simple file deployment service.

If you have, would be interested to know what you might of done to get it working

Please feel free to contact me.

• 1. Re: Has anyone here re-compiled the simple file deployment service?
          PAB

Recompiled, but I get this when I try to deploy a file:

coldfusion.runtime.ArgumentCollection.getVariable(I)Lcoldfusion/runtime/Variable;

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: coldfusion.runtime.ArgumentCollection.getVariable(I)Lcoldfusion/runtime/Variable;
          at cfdeployfile2ecfc557144266$funcPUSHCOPYFILEBASED.runFunction(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cfcmpin\d eployfile.cfc:4)
          at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:346)
          at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:258)
          at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:56)
          at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:211)
          at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:367)
          at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:177)
          at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:138)
          at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:1587)
          at coldfusion.tagext.lang.InvokeTag.doEndTag(InvokeTag.java:327)
          at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.java:1909)
          at cfcore2ecfc1160709297$funcPUSHCHANGES.runFunction(D:\depot\contribute\3.10\ServerApps\bui ld_temp\stage\customservices\filedeployer\core.cfc:291)
          at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:346)
          at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:258)
          at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:56)
          at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:211)
          at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:367)
          at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:177)
          at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:138)
          at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:1587)
          at coldfusion.tagext.lang.InvokeTag.doEndTag(InvokeTag.java:327)
          at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.java:1909)
          at cfindex2ecfm827174830.runPage(D:\depot\contribute\3.10\ServerApps\build_temp\stage\custom services\filedeployer\index.cfm:62)
          at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:152)
          at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:343)
          at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
          at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:112)
          at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:83)
          at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:50)
          at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:2 8)
          at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
          at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
          at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
          at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:105)
          at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:115)
          at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
          at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
          at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
          at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
          at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
          at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
          at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

• 2. Re: Has anyone here re-compiled the simple file deployment service?
            tom12c Level 1

I actually got this problem solved.

You cannot use the coldfusion internal server that comes with Contribute Publishing Server to run a re-compiled coldfusion file.

We ended up running a cold fusion server on port 8500 to run the updated coldfusion files (uncompiled too).

If you need to modify something in the code and can't afford a coldfusion server, you are SOL.

At least from my experience.

• 3. Re: Has anyone here re-compiled the simple file deployment service?
              PAB Level 1

Thanks Tom, but I'm not using the ColdFusion internal server that comes with CPS. I have deployed CPS with a j2ee version of ColdFusion and created a separate Jrun4 server for CPS, and deployed CPS as a Web Application on it . Everything works fine.

Now I just want to verify that the source that is provided will actually compile and run before I start changing it. I haven’t changed anything in the source code, just verifying that it will compile and run. I recompiled the source provided (../contribute/customservices_code/filedeployer/deployfile.cfc) using cfcompile.bat, then placed the output byte code file in ../contribute/customservices/filedeployer/deployfile.cfc

I get the 500 error above when I click the Deploy button in the Simple File Deployer Service (../contribute/customservices/filedeployer/).

I guess I have the compile procedure wrong.

Another weird thing--it calls itself "Contribute Key Server" when it deploys to Jrun4.

• 4. Re: Has anyone here re-compiled the simple file deployment service?
                PAB Level 1

Did you recompile this using cfcompile like I did?   I'm really mystified about what I need to do to get this to run.