4 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2009 8:54 AM by Paul_LS

Video will not re-open.

POB1

My issue is after editing and saving I am unable to re-open the files.

• When I first open the program I see all my recent projects and they are shown as .prel files. 
      • When I go to open them I recieve an open box that states "where is the File VTS_01_1.VOB. 
      • When I click on one of the files I get a message that states "Add Media Failure". 
      • When I go to "properties" to view my files, the "file type" doesn't appear. therefore my file will not open. 

Does anyone have any advice or guidance on how I can correct this issue?

I call customer service and recieved no help because I am using an older version of Premier.

I Appreciate any all responses.

Thanks,

Pat

• 1. Re: Video will not re-open.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Pat,

Your .PREL (the Project files) does not contain any media at all - only links to where that media was on your system. If you have moved, renamed, or deleted the media, PE cannot follow its links. Something has changed. Since you reference a VOB, did you do a Get Media from a DVD in the multi-drive? If so, you will need to put that DVD back into the drive, to work with that/those file(s). It's always better to copy over any media Assets to the computer's HDD, and then do the Get Media from there, not from a source, like a DVD.

Hope that this helps you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Video will not re-open.
            Paul_LS Level 4

If you Get Media from a DVD it does infact download it to the hard drive. As Hunt says it sounds like the file has been moved.

• 3. Re: Video will not re-open.
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, it depends on which Get Media option you use, Paul.

If you Get Media and select DVD, this will launch the Media Downloader, which does indeed rip the file from the disc to your hard drive.

But, if you select Get Media and then the PC Files and Folders option, you'll just create a link to the file -- and, if the DVD is removed from the drive, it will no longer be part of your project.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Video will not re-open.
                Paul_LS Level 4

Very true Steve.