14 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2009 10:52 PM by Jorge Jaramillo

4.1...Here ya go

tclark513 Level 3
        • 1. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Interesting, but still no downloads.

• 2. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
            watkino

Oh WOW!  ...a video touting new features in 4.1 that is STILL not yet available to fix the fiasco that is CS4 4.0.2 (or whatever micro-dot release we are on).

The only thing I want this video to say is:

Hi! I'm Dave and - OK - we sure screwed up the initial release of CS4.  Sorry it sucked so bad....but no worries.  We have fixed EVERYTHING.  Download the update and be AMAZED by how we knocked off every single issue so the program actually works the way it should have to begin with.

• 3. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
              Curt Wrigley Level 4

Looks like a nice update to me.

• 4. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                joshtownsend Level 2

Maybe it is real....

First of all thanks for dealing with me being a pain in the *** about the update. Back in late November I was told the 24pa autopulldown wouldn't be fixed till around NAB so I've been rabid waiting for it because I mainly shoot 23.976 1080 with an HVX-200.

Here's my play by play thoughts on the video. Glad they at least made it availible.

"most requested feature was new AVCHD presets" Whoah people who are to lazy to make there own won't bug us on the forum. I'm sure that was requested way more than the new 'you can now edit AVCHD on regular computers' feature.

Thought some of the statements were funny "you can edit native DVD VOB" Bet Jim Simon will love that, seeing how he rings people for editing with substandard format (and I %75 agree BTW). When I change the extension from .vob to .mpg they import fine. Oh you can edit right off the DVD WOW. I bet editing MPEG 2 dvd video looks great (being sarcastic).

My god he's talks forever about editing on DVD, I'm sure that's gonna cut into FCP and AVID sales. The bootleggers should love it.

YES finally we have easy way to save STILLS. YEAH.

Better yet speed loads big project. HELL YES. Much needed for me at least

Media Browser is way faster on the demo than on my computer. Cool.

Nice RED workflow when they become affordable (CS6 might be out by then). Red Window is COOL. Why can't we have color correction meta data like that for non RED footage. I realize they're not RAW but it would work using meta data for first light color correction.

AVID hehehe. Now once you stopped playing around with Premiere at your house you can now take it to real POST house and put it in AVID so they work with it. Wait a minute, Avid and Premiere always did this, oh yeah CS4 screwed that up pretty bad.

Oooooh new youtube presets for those professionals that can't figure it out.

He's giving a some tips that have nothing to do with update - Dude's got a blog why does he wait till an update video to give tips 'he gets a bunch of email about it.

No 24pa fix so far, bet it's not gonna happen. You suck Adobe!!!! At least load times will be better (but that's it from watching that video) but as far as I can tell that's it......Oh yeah we have stills again.

That video was a disappointment for me. I bet wedding editors will love the DVD edit function jeez, I guess I can reedit Pulp Fiction in chronological order now like I always wanted. Premeire was one of first consumer NLE's and they seem happy there. You'd think having AE would move Adobe to at least make more of an effort competing for seats in real post houses. They have the prosumer market locked already.

• 5. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                  billbuch Level 1

It feels great to be chump (over and over again), having bought and paid (far too much, far too long ago) for something that doesn't function as advertised. But then the software industry--with Adobe among its frontrunners--is the only one I know of that can promote and sell products that don't work or at least not as buyers are led to believe. Why have they gotten away with this all along and continue to do so? For the same reason dogs lick their balls. Because they can.

Too bad the Lemon Law doesn't apply to them as it does the auto industry. If such a law was seriously contemplated, the software industry's CEOs and lobbyists would converge on Congress with torches and pitchforks like the villagers in Frankenstein.

• 6. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                    ThornieG Level 1

Can't wait. It certainly seems to be going to fix some of the things that really annoyed me; but let's just wait and see. I hope it has been tested by enough people first or will it introduce a whole new lot of bugs so that people will need to be uninstalling and then reinstalling up to but not including 4.1?

Oops! On that note I think I will just do a drive image of my computer at this stage before I install the update. When is it coming, exaclty?

• 7. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                      tclark513 Level 3

The video also mentions better AVCHD handeling.  That should be good news for some people.

• 8. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                        Jim_Simon Level 8

I bet wedding editors will love the DVD edit function jeez

Man, don't lump us professionals in with yokels who want to edit with a delivery format rather than a proper source format.  I've worked hard to make my wedding videos look as professional and "filmlike" as possible.  What really jazzes us wedding guys is the new RED support.  Imagine a wedding video that looks like 35 mm film!

• 9. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                          Eric Addison User Group Manager

It looks great to me...but where is AVC-Intra support? I thought that was to be included with this update...if it's not, that is a big disappointment since I'm looking at getting the HPX-300 very soon.

• 10. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                            naartjie gello Level 1

does anyone know if 4.1 makes premiere compatible with windows 7 rc?

has anyone tested premiere on this os?

it's supposed to be way faster than vista, but i guess any os on the planet is...

• 11. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                              joshtownsend Level 2

naartjie gello wrote:

does anyone know if 4.1 makes premiere compatible with windows 7 rc?

has anyone tested premiere on this os?

it's supposed to be way faster than vista, but i guess any os on the planet is...

Premiere works just fine in Win 7 without the update, but even though it's a solid beta do a duel boot just in case. I find myself working in Win 7 more and more as of late, totally solid so far.\

OK I'm going to work, when I come home I expect an update Adobe.

• 12. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                                prateek jitendra

hey, i have found premiere working on Win 7. i have tested premiere 4.1 on Win 7 RC build and it was just fine for my projects. But, you should anyways go for dual boot cause that's the safe way to go for it.

thanks,

Prateek

• 13. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                                  David Zeno Level 1

4.1 is not out yet, so how have you tested it ?

• 14. Re: 4.1...Here ya go
                                    Jorge Jaramillo

JSS1138 wrote:

I bet wedding editors will love the DVD edit function jeez

Man, don't lump us professionals in with yokels who want to edit with a delivery format rather than a proper source format.  I've worked hard to make my wedding videos look as professional and "filmlike" as possible.  What really jazzes us wedding guys is the new RED support.  Imagine a wedding video that looks like 35 mm film!

I agree with you.