1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2009 11:14 AM by Zeno Bokor

Streamlined Help

Parklife444 Level 1

First, I know there are some offline help topics already, and this really applies to all CS4 apps.

EVERYONE I know hates the new default help page. I understand the desire to link users to an updated online help database, but at least make the default search a search of the official Adobe help file, exluding links to tutorials and other Internet sites. If I search for "crop tool" I want a simple index listing of pages IN THE ADOBE HELP FILE that discuss this tool. I don't want a link to some web tutorial.

Second, why do you have to go offline completely to make offline help the default? Sometimes I want to work online but access offline help. Please make this setting accessible.

Thanks,

Adam

• 1. Re: Streamlined Help
          Zeno Bokor Level 6
          but at least make the default search a search of the official Adobe help file

select the "This Help system only" checkbox found on every help page right next to the search box

Second, why do you have to go offline completely to make offline help the default?

you don't have to, go to Window->Extensions->Connections and select Offline Options from the panel menu