Can you debug an app in your current environment?
yes. the debugging works. (Command + F11).
Hmm. I'm puzzled why you said "(Run)". I have three buttons on my toolbar (Run, Debug, Profile). I hit Profile (not Run) and I should get another dialog where I set profiler options.
If you don't get that, it could mean that you don't have the debugger player installed, but sometimes rebooting helps because the communication between the player and FlexBuilder is broken.
Flex SDK Developer
Adobe Systems Inc.
please check following things,
1. For standalone application, ensured you have installed debugger version of flash player & always give path of .SWF file to profile, close all browser instances. You can check for flash player version by right click on Flash player & Click on last option which will like "About Flash Player 10....."
2. For web applications, ensure you have made change in WEB-INF\flex\flex-config.xml before deployment as
The flex builder 3 profiler still doesn't work. It behaves exactly like the debugger, meaning it launches a new browser with the html / swf with the following url: http://testproject:8888/testproject.html?debug=true#
All the traces are printed in the console window. So that is helpful. But when I switch the perspective to "Flex Profiling" view, I get an empty panel with all buttons disabled (see attached screenshot).
I'm building an actionscript 3 project for the browser as well as for a standalone application (.app).
I have MAMP Pro installed through port 8888. So my project is accessible through: http://testproject:8888/testproject.html
I am building for flash player 9.
I've attached a screenshot of the preference settings.
Prashant, I have followed your advice #2. The debug node is set to true and uncommented.
Any advice is much appreciated.
I have reinstalled flash player 9 content debugger. And now when I profile the application I get the following error message:
Error: ProfilerAgent.socketDataHandler: unknown command = 60
at ProfilerAgent/socketDataHandler()[C:\faramir\flex\sdk\modules\profiler3\as\ProfilerAgent. as:1008]
You can try following
If you have standalone application,
Right-click on project
--> Flex Compiler
--> add parameter to compiler option -debug=true
hope this will work for u.
Are you still facing this issue?
if yes, then do the following:
1. Restart flex builder
2. if mm.cfg contains an entry for PreloadSwf- remove that entry. (and make sure the mm.cfg is writable - because the profiler need to write to this file)
3. When you launch the profiler watch if the mm.cfg is updated or not. (the profiler should write and then later remove the entry from mm.cfg - so I would suggest watching the file using "tail -f mm.cfg"
4. Look for any errors in the console window of the profiler perspective.
Flex SDK Team
The mm.cfg file is now writeable for everyone. (It was not writeable for everyone...)
The mm.cfg fils is located here /users/me/mm.cfg (is that the correct place for it?)
tail -f is telling me that the mm.cfg file is updated with the following line:
PreloadSwf=/Users/me/Documents/Flex Builder 3/.metadata/.plugins/com.adobe.flash.profiler/ProfilerAgent.swf?host=localhost&port=9999
When I open the file the file is empty however... (not sure if that matters).
I get an error message in the Flex Console saying: No activity 60 seconds after connection.
I get no classes or live objects and the memory profiling seems to draw a blue line very close to the bottom... not sure if i'ts registering anything.
... hmmm ?
I have finally reinstalled the software and it works fine now.
I have a feeling something went wrong when I initially started downloading some XML plugins. I remember interrupting one download / install and never finishing it.
Anyway thank you all for bearing with me and trying to guide me through this. I appreciate all your generous adivce and time.
Its nice to lstn its working at last. Cheers