9 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2009 1:00 AM by Harm Millaard

Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)

Martin HJA Level 1

Hi there,

tried installing the new updates 11 times now. Using the Update function from Bridge, tried also from premiere pro. Always get the same error:

Download seems to be completed correctly (checked the filepath locations, and there are the zip files for all three 4.1 updates).

But when it tries installing, after a while I get:

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (de_DE) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (de_DE),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (tr_TR) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (tr_TR),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (en_US) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (en_US),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (cs_CZ) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (cs_CZ),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 4.1.0 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4,Adobe Dynamiclink Support 1 - Adobe Dynamiclink Support,Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (es_MX) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (es_MX),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (fr_CA) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (fr_CA),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (ko_KR) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (ko_KR),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (pl_PL) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (pl_PL),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (ja_JP) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (ja_JP),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (es_ES) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (es_ES),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (nl_NL) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (nl_NL),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (fr_FR) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (fr_FR),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Third Party Content 4.1.0 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Third Party Content,Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (ru_RU) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (ru_RU),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (en_GB) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (en_GB),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (zh_TW) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (zh_TW),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (pt_BR) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (pt_BR),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (it_IT) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (it_IT),Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (sv_SE) 9 - Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 LangPack (sv_SE) :  ist nicht installiert

Adobe Media Encoder CS4 1.1.0 - Adobe Media Encoder CS4,Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Importer 1.1.0 - Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Importer,Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Additional Exporter 1.1.0 - Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Additional Exporter,Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Dolby 1.1.0 - Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Dolby,Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Exporter 1.1.0 - Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Exporter :  ist nicht installiert

Adobe After Effects CS4 Third Party Content 9.0.2 - Adobe After Effects CS4 Third Party Content,Adobe Dynamiclink Support 1 - Adobe Dynamiclink Support,Adobe After Effects CS4 9.0.2 - Adobe After Effects CS4 :  ist nicht installiert

I guess the AME and AfterFX updates can't be installed, since they rely on the Premiere Pro update. And since that isn#T working in the first place...I get these errors for the whole pakage.

Never had any issues installing via the update function.

I'm using Production Premium on VISTA Ultimate 64 SP2 (The new service pack causing this???!!)

Thanx in advance,

Martin

• 1. Re: Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)
          Martin HJA Level 1

Another thought:

Since the errors pont to the Language files not being installed on my system, I hope that it doesn't have to do anything that I'm from Germany, using a german Vista, BUT an english instalation of Production Premium.

I bought the english version (not real Multilanguage; just englisch (Great Britain), French and Spanisch I think), since I wanted to get morge familier with the english language in video apps, since I'm planning to work in the US (someday a filmstudio will see that I am of value... )

• 2. Re: Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Just a shot in the dark here. With a full installation of most Adobe programs, one has to choose the language in two places. The very first is for the install module. The second is after that has been initialized, one chooses the language for the program's install module. Once it has been initialized, one choose the language for the program's installation. Do not know if this applies to the updates, or how.

You might want to download the full update (may have to wait a day, or so, as these often become available after the direct updates) and try matching your OS's language to the install module, then changing the language for the program's installation. This would be done by launching the executible from the downloaded, Extracte file and not through Bridge, or other.

Remember, shot in the dark and my not apply at all.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS Adobe often makes different language versions of programs and updates available on different schedules. Do now know if 4.1 is multi-language, or not. Does Adobe offer any clues on their site?

• 3. Re: Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)
              Martin HJA Level 1

OK, this is weird, even downloading the update from the website doesn't solve the problem, I still get the error. I attached a JPEG from the error of the installation. It is in German, but says something like:

Instalation is not possible. Click finish.

...LanguagePack (de_DE) is not instaled...

And all the other languages are listed also. Strange, 'cause there is a folder in the instalation, that has all of the LanguagePacks in different folders, with seperate installers. But when running one of the instalers manually, it gives me an error, that I have to run the "Main" setup.exe. So a vicious circle.

I extracted the ZIP before instaling, but it didn't help.

I'm afraid that this might have to to with upgrading to Service Pack 2 yesterday. Even though everything else runs fine. (VISTA Ultimate 64)

Anybod?

Martin

• 4. Re: Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)
                Wil Renczes Adobe Employee

I think that the updater must be looking at what language is the default of your operating system, and assumes that you installed the same language with CS4.

Try changing your desktop OS's regional settings/language settings to english, then run the update again - I think that'll get it working.  Then you can switch your desktop back to Deutsch again...

• 5. Re: Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)
                  Martin HJA Level 1

hi will,

thanx for your idea. I switch 3 or 4 region options to english. This doenst helped yet. The only thing that I actually couldnt swith, was the actuall LANGUAGE into english. Just the time, date, regions, weather,keyboard and maintance.

I dont have a english language pack to install, I cant find it on my Vista DVD also. And since the other options didnt work, Im not sure if this one would also.

Since I never had any problems with updates since CS4 came out via the auto/update, its even more deprssing...

• 6. Re: Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Martin,

I've not seen problems with the SP2 update. Does not mean that they're not out there, but in the short time that it's been out, the boards have been pretty quiet.

Now, your situation might be unique, or nearly so, because of the languages thing. Would it be possible to roll-back to SP1 and give it a go. I'd do a bunch of Restore Points, before doing it.

Sorry that Wil's suggestion did not work for you, as I thought that he'd likely "nailed it." Bummer.

Good luck, and maybe the next time's the charm.

Hunt

PS @Wil thanks for all of the extra work here. Your efforts are appreciated. First you make the rumored deadline, then got both the AUM and the download up in the same day. Great job! Of course, you and your team knew that your work was only partially done. Thanks for stepping in and helping the folk. Hope that the AME 4.1 download gets up soon too.

• 7. Re: Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)
                      Martin HJA Level 1

Ok, this is more than frustrating, I have spent all day yesterday, and half the night, and half day today trying to fix this error/making the installtion of 4.1 work. Instead of editing and doing my titels in AfterFX...but oh well.

Its still not solvable. I wanted to take Will's advice to the end (which I couldn't last night, see post above, one final step was missing=swithing the operating system language).

So today I did this, to be able to swith Vistas language. Remember, I'm on Vista Ultimate 64 with SP2:

1. There are no new language packs availible via the auto update or via microsofts website for SP2 yet (just SP1, and those come up with a error message when installing).

2. Uninstaled SP2 ( ), and downloaded a couple of versions of the additional language packs in english:

- Via auto update and via web update.

3. Auto update installed it, and it is listed as installed. BUT I can't see it, neither choose it.

4. Web downloads can't be installed, since I still get the error message from the beginning that I got with SP2

5. Did a roolback with system restore before the auto update of the Language pack...nothing...

6 Found hundrets of post on the Internet, that "additional Language packs sometime can't be installed on Vista 64 Ultimate".

- In case of this, there is a Hotfix from Microsoft adressing exactly this / my issue.

7. Installed the fix...sorry, tried to install the fix: Getting the error, that the fix is not for my system

8. YES, my Vista and Production Premium are Original bought DVDs...

9. YES, I had my Kaspersky Internet Security turned off during all this. Tried it even with turned ON also...

So, nothing worked, not even downloding the seperate updates from adobe's Site.

Never had those problems with auto adobe update on my CS4 Suite.

I gave up for now, installed SP2 back (I'm just glad that my system is still running after all this sh..t that I had to put it through

I just hope that somebody comes up with the same problem, but at the same time has the right solution to it!!!!

Maybe the Language is not the problem, but I don't really know what else it could be. Adobe, plese help me!

Martin

• 8. Re: Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Dang,

You HAVE been through it. Now, there are several users, who have Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2. I believe that a few have weighed-in that 4.1 update worked on their machines (there are several 4.1 threads and many have reported their exact OS's - might be worth a read).

You are also having problems installing Vista updates. However, these seem to be related to the SP version of the OS. Were any of these MS updates, that failed for SP2? It's the failure that I'm thinking about here. As SP2 is very new, it might just be a matter of time, before MS offers the language packs for SP2

Though it could be a coincidence and have nothing to do with either MS or Adobe not updating, the one factor on your machine is the language issue.

I think that Harm Millard went to SP2, when it came out. As he's in Holland, I wonder what languages he has for his Vista and his PrPro. Maybe he could share some thoughts on this, should he also have multiple languages.

Otherwise, I'm at a loss to think of anything else to try, except wait for MS to release SP2 language packs. I know that you are anxious to use 4.1, but it just could be that time would be the only cure.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Errors installing 4.1 Updates on Vista64 (ppro,afx,ame)
                          Harm Millaard Level 7

Martin,

I use Vista Business 64 with SP2 without problem, but I'm using the EN-US version.

However, Vista has some weird things with different languages. If for instance you have the keyboard set to a different language (in my case Dutch) and local time set to Amsterdam (+ 1 GMT), there often appear Dutch versions of certain programs that were installed with English as the language. Your difficulties, as Wil already pointed out, may have to do with these settings.

To get both SP2 and the 4.1.0 updates installed, I suggest to try the following from Control Panel/Regional and Language:

1. Set your formats to English/United Kingdom

2. Set your location to United Kingdom

3. Set your keyboard to English-US

I hope this helps.