Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 - defining search synonyms

May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to set up the terms "check off" "check-off" and "checkoff" as synonyms - however Robohelp won't accept "check off" nor "check-off" - it thinks they are phrases.

Are there any suggestions for how I can solve this problem?

Our users will search using all three variations of the term.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2009 May 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added all three as synonyms and the search found the topic each time. Where are you entering the terms and how?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-

I followed these steps:

File>Project Settings>Advanced Button> Synonyms tab.

Double-click the next available row.

In the "Word" column, type checkoff.

In the "Synonym" column, type check-off. Then press the Enter key on the keyboard.

I get a warning message: "Synonym editor cannot map phrases. Please provide a single word."

And then it replaces the value in the "Synonym" column with the text "Synonym".

(I am running version 8.0.0.203 of RoboHelp.)

-Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains the difference. I was looking at topic level synonyms whereas you are looking at global synonyms.

If you want any instance of a word to be mapped, then your approach is the quickest way to do it. What I looked at is more for when you want just specific topics found.

Both methods are valid for different requirements but it would seem more sensible that they both work in the same way. I suggest you file a bug report or feature request depending on your view.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I have logged a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp