1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2007 7:45 AM by kglad

Flash to HTML Communication

Michael_Rabone
      Hi everyone.

Project
      I’m helping develop in Flash CS3 an online soft skills training that involves students viewing a short video than answering a multiple choice question. After viewing several videos and answering the related questions the student is given on overview of how they did in a test summary page.

Delivery
      Plan is to have each video and questions in a single Flash file embedded in an html file. The end test summary page will be delivered in html.

Question
      What I’d like to know is how can I get the flash video/question pages to communicate the test results to the end summary page.

I’m not much good at actionscripting, therefore any help would be much appreciated.
      Also, is there anyway of converting a swf file back to a flash file, (fla)?

Thanks.
      Michael

• 1. Re: Flash to HTML Communication
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you'll need to create a dynamic html page if you're presenting a page that will use data from flash in its display. flash can't do that.

flash can communicate with server-side programs that can create your html page.

converting swfs to flas can be done by de-compiling the swfs. there are several commercial decompilers. i don't know if any of them can handle as3, though.