3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2009 8:40 PM by the_wine_snob

PE3 won't re-open video

jmfoshee

I began working on a movie, imported all my video, pics, music and started working on the show. I closed the program normally. The next night I opened the program and clicked on the file from the start screen. The file loads perfect about 98% across the bar then I get an error message [\pre\libraries\UIFramework\Src\windows.cpp-267] . The message has a continue button, but when you click it, it will not clear.

I am using a:

Compaq Presario F700

AMD 64 Athlon X2

Windows Vista

I have not yet tried to reinstall, I'm afraid I will loose the progress I have already made. Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: PE3 won't re-open video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

The first step should be to update your audio and video drivers. As most people have their Windows update set to automatic (default), it's not uncommon for an update to "break" drivers, that worked fine just before.

Next, thell us about your system and your OS.

When something works one day, but not the next, then something has changed. You task would be to find out what has changed and try to rectify those changes - that's where the drivers come in. Might not be that simple, but it's a good first step.

Last, before an uninstall/reinstall, I'd do a Repair Install from the DVD. If something has been compromised in your installation, then a Repair Insatll might take care of this.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PE3 won't re-open video
            Kodebuster Level 3

Read this thread to completion:

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15428

It seems that others have encountered this situation and were not happy with their options.

There is a solution suggested, but I did not see a definitive reply on what (if anything) actually worked.

At this point in time your dead in the water with this Project, so make a back-up copy, and you might want to try what's suggested...

• 3. Re: PE3 won't re-open video
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Kodebuster,

From your link, it appears that Bob and Robert had some workable suggestions for this.

@the OP,

Do you have the PE 3.02 upgrade? While this was primarily for Vista support, it might also have some additional fixes.

Hunt