5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2008 7:31 AM by Blue-dot

Problem install extension

Blue-dot
      I tryed to install some extensions (scanlines2 and Colorglow), installing goes fine. But I cant see them in Fireworks CS3. They should be in the commands menu, but they aint there.
      If I go to the Extension Manager I can see them in the list.
      (I did restart Fireworks, I also rebooted my PC)
        • 1. Re: Problem install extension
          Level 1
          Are you sure that you use the correct Extension Manager that works with Fw CS3?
          • 2. Re: Problem install extension
            Blue-dot Level 1
            I think I have the right one. I can select "Fireworks CS3" in the drop down menu on top of the extension manager.
            • 3. Problem install extension
              razitun Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: Blue-dot
              I tryed to install some extensions (scanlines2 and Colorglow), installing goes fine. But I cant see them in Fireworks CS3. They should be in the commands menu, but they aint there.
              If I go to the Extension Manager I can see them in the list.
              (I did restart Fireworks, I also rebooted my PC)

I am using the same version and it is working absolutely fine, please read your options carefully.

Regards!
              • 4. Re: Problem install extension
                CadWizardX
                The problem is that CS3 uses the Program Files folder to save the swf file for the extension. With Windows Vista that's a big no no.
                The complete path is - "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS3\Configuration\Commands" If you're running with the UAC turned on do the following :

Navigate to the program file for the extension manager and select properties. On the compatibility tab select the option to run as administrator, click on the all users options and select run as administrator for all users if desired and then apply. Of course the option is only available if you have the UAC turned on.
                Now, re-install the extensions and you should have no problems. You'll just have to deal with the UAC everytime you use the extension manager.

If you're running with the UAC off, TURN IT ON!

Just kidding, you'll have to take ownership of the Fireworks CS3 file folder under "C:\Program Files\Adobe", you made need to take ownership of the extension manager folder as well. Since I don't recommend running without the UAC, it's up to you to find out how to take ownership of the file folders.
                • 5. Re: Problem install extension
                  Blue-dot Level 1
                  Ok, thanks this seems to work