0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2009 6:30 AM by rikki123456789

Help with export urgently needed.

rikki123456789 Level 1

Ok, for the past month or so iv been trying to export a simple 3 minute long project using the adobe media encoder. I haven't used any still or effects the only actual editing i have done is slowing down and speeding up different sections of the project and basic trimming to the individual clips. The actual problem is the error compiling movie unknown error message appears, sometimes the exporter will get through more of the export than other times. On occasions the exporter will tell me that the job has been completed successfully but when i watch it back it clearly isn't. it will either be poor quality out of sync audio or simply not play the whole video.This problem has only been happening since i have started using cs4 again and i remember when using it previously i was able to successfully complete a project. The footage used was captured on a samsung vp-hmx10PAL the properties for an example clip are as follows;

File Path: C:\Users\Rikki\Documents\Footage\Useable\HDV_0121.MP4

Type: XDCAM-EX Movie

File Size: 25.0 MB

Image Size: 1280 x 720

Pixel Depth: 32

Frame Rate: 50.00

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:00:18:37

Average Data Rate: 1.3 MB / second

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

This is what cs4 shows me when i view the videos properties in the project.
      My computer runs on vista home premium with a 32 bit operating system, i have 3gb of ram and around 120gb of free hardrive space, the proccessor is AMD athalon 64 X2 dual core proccesor 5000+ 2.60ghz.
      i have a feeling it may be my export settings seeing as the problem changes from time to time if someone could advise me settings to use if that is the problem that would be appreciated very much.
      I have attached a picture of my finished project in the premiere pro window if that helps anyone to help me.
      This is a copy of the AME log when AME thinks the job was successful but in fact it was out of sync the video was too slow and quality was poor:
      - Source File: C:\Users\Rikki\AppData\Local\Temp\section 1.2_12.prproj
      - Output File: C:\Users\Rikki\Documents\exportedfile.mov
      - Preset Used: Custom
      - Video: 1280x720, 50 [fps], Upper, Quality 100
      - Audio: 48000 Hz, Stereo, 32 bit float
      - Bitrate: MPEG-4 Video
      - Encoding Time: 00:24:24
      01/06/2009 14:25:38 : File Successfully Encoded
      01/06/2009 14:25:38 : Queue Stopped
      And this is a copy of a job in which the job has failed completely and the error has occured:
      - Source File: C:\Users\Rikki\AppData\Local\Temp\section 1.2_11.prproj
      - Output File: C:\Users\Rikki\Documents\Sequence 01_2.f4v
      - Preset Used: Custom
      - Video: 1280x720, Same as source [fps], Progressive
      - Audio: AAC+ Version 2, 32 [kbps], 44.1 kHz, Stereo
      - Bitrate: VBR, 1 Pass, Target 1.50 [Mbps], Max 2.00 [Mbps]
      - Encoding Time: 00:50:17
      01/06/2009 13:39:15 : Encoding Failed
      -----------------------------------------
      Error compiling movie.
      Unknown error.
      -----------------------------------------
      Please help, if you need any additional information just ask but i think iv covered most of it. x