2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2009 5:41 AM by jedi-ker

Run Loop to create multiple pdf files

jedi-ker

Is it possible to run a Javascript that can create multiple pdf files while it loops from text feed, sort of mail merge if you will. In the past I ran this scenario with AppleScript but I wonder if this can be done in Javascript with InDesign.

The other  Possibility, I suppose would be to call the Javascript from Applescript, has anyone done this?

Thanks,

/|\

• 1. Re: Run Loop to create multiple pdf files
          Thomas B. Nielsen Level 3

The answer to both is: Yes

>Is it possible to run a Javascript that can create multiple pdf files while it loops from text feed, sort of mail merge if you will. In the past I ran this scenario with AppleScript but I wonder if this can be done in Javascript with InDesign.

Elaborate on this, if you need a new script.

Indesign can create merged documents by the Window -> Automate ->Data Merge feature. Then exporting the PDF could be handled by a script or just export from Indd and split up in acrobat?

>The other  Possibility, I suppose would be to call the Javascript from Applescript, has anyone done this?

You can call an applescript with the doScript() method (look in the object model for indesign under application.doScript() (or search the forum)

--

Thomas B. Nielsen

http://www.nobrainer.dk

• 2. Re: Run Loop to create multiple pdf files
            jedi-ker Level 1

You guys are great, I'll dig into the site further for the doScript().

Thanks

<Augustine