2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2009 6:12 AM by Eddie Lotter

changing frame dimensions

ricem84

I imported a video from my DV camcorder that was 720x480 pixels according to the project pane.  My project is DV-NTSC widescreen 32kHz.  I edited the footage and exported it as a MPEG1.  When I opened the exported file, it was much smaller.  It is a little bigger than the size of a business card.

How do I make the exported footage larger?  Do I have to do the editing all over again?

Also, what's a good video format for something that's less than 30 seconds long and must be embedded in a web page and is something under 720x480 pixels?

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: changing frame dimensions
          smdas1

Hi,

Your exported file is smaller because the frame width and height in AME's Video Pane is probably set to 352x240 which is the default in the MPEG1 NTSC VCD preset. You can change the frame width and height in AME by launching the Settings UI. (Click on the Settings button in the AME Batch after selecting the batch item)

One of the video formats you could try for your requirements would be FLV | F4V.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: changing frame dimensions
            Eddie Lotter Level 4

Welcome to the forums.

As smdas1 says, Flash is a good choice for Web video.

Set your frame size in your export settings to the size you want.

You will also find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
            Eddie