9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 7:55 AM by the_wine_snob

No tools in the tool panel &  title template window is blank

hvac_pro

tool panel.pngemty template window.png

#1 Missing tools still work using shortcuts.

#2 When I select a new title from template the window is blank. When I try to create a new title of any kind PPro cs3 freezes.

Any ideas???

• 2. Re: No tools in the tool panel &  title template window is blank
          hvac_pro Level 1

The tool panel I am talking about is the main program,

The main program tools are missing except the pin tool.

All the main tools work with short cuts.

In addition another symptom is no program or user templates are in the title template window.

It should have some of each.

And when I create a new title the program freezes and must be restarted.

Any thoughts?

Dan

• 3. Re: No tools in the tool panel &  title template window is blank
            Eddie Lotter Level 4

Did you reset your workspace?

Cheers
            Eddie

• 4. Re: No tools in the tool panel &  title template window is blank
              the_wine_snob Level 9

If Eddie's suggestion does not help, and I think it will, you might want to look at your video drivers, especially if you have recently updated your OS with any sort of hotfix, or similar. These have been known to render video and audio drivers obsolete in a hurry. As the GUI display is done a little bit differently for certain aspects of it. one can have partial displays, but the code of the program continues to work.

Also, out of curiosity, what mouse driver do you have? MS InteliPoint drivers have cause all sorts of GUI display issues with Adobe products. Have not heard of this one, but several other display issues have revolved around the InteliPoint drivers, as odd as it sounds.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS I was once driving down a bumpy highway. Somehow my toolbox came open, and I lost most of my tools. Luckily, there was no other traffic on that highway, so I could go pick them up and no one was injured. Hope that this did not happen to you with PrPro.

• 5. Re: No tools in the tool panel &  title template window is blank
                hvac_pro Level 1

Hello Eddie, yes I did but no help. I did take it one step further and deleted all workspaces I had created. That did work. All the main tools are now back in the tool panel.

However the title is still a major problem, When I try to create a new title the program freezes. And the other thing I observed is no templates in the title template panel.

Any thoughts?

To your continued success

Dan Rumsey

• 6. Re: No tools in the tool panel &  title template window is blank
                  hvac_pro Level 1

Hello Hunt, here is the copy I replied to Eddie.

Hello Eddie, yes I did but no help. I did take it one step further and deleted all workspaces I had created. That did work. All the main tools are now back in the tool panel.

However the title is still a major problem, When I try to create a new title the program freezes. And the other thing I observed is no templates in the title template panel.

Any thoughts?

Dan Rumsey

• 7. Re: No tools in the tool panel &  title template window is blank
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Dan,

Glad that you got it working - sort of. As for the Templates, you should have those in your Adobe Premiere 3.0 folder hierarchy (exact location will depend on where you installed) \Presets\Templates. Within this structure, you should have sub-folders like Corporate, Education, etc.. These files will all be .PRETL's. Your custom Titles, saved as Templates, should be located in C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\My Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\3.0 (or version number)\Templates. If you do not have these, then I would do a search of my system for *.prtl and see if they are elsewhere.

Now, as for Titler crashing, one of the first things to look into would be your fonts. Titler is very particular about fonts. Many other Adobe programs, like Photoshop and Illustrator are much more lenient, than is Titler. Many crashes seem to be caused by corrupt fonts. There are also several fonts known to cause problems with Titler. Deja Vu (installed with Open Office) is one, but not the only one. I use a program, Extensis Font Doctor, to repair any corrupt font. FontFrenzy also has a similar feature and is freeware, with activation just for registering.

It also seems that there was a problem in CS3 that might have been fixed with one of the updates. Might be worth looking to see if your installation has all patches and updates applied.

Good luck on the rest of the issue,

Hunt

• 8. Re: No tools in the tool panel &  title template window is blank
                      hvac_pro Level 1

Hello Hunt, thanks for the tip. I have seen this as a possibility so I have tried to clean up my fonts, have remove all but ms xp installed but no go.

Here is what the title template widow should look like.

My template window is blank

In addition program freezes when I try to create a title.

???????

What do you think?

Dan Rumsey

• 9. Re: No tools in the tool panel &  title template window is blank
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Dan,

Did you locate the Templates on your system? If not, and you did a complete search for *.prtl, then I would definitely do a Repair Install. To do this from the installation DVD's, you will start, as though doing a regular installation. You'll go through the normal initialization of the installation module, setting the language for the installer, etc. You should then get to a screen asking you what you wish to install with a list of the apps. in your suite. There, check PrPro and in a moment, you should be asked if you wish to Uninstall, or Repair Install. Choose the latter. The installer module will then survey your system and check all .dll's, and Functional Content (Adobe's name for things like the Templates, etc.). It will then prompt you to hit OK to do the Repair Installation.

As for the fonts, I would download either the trial of Extensis Font Dr, or FontFrenzy, and run them on your entire system. A problem font is not likely to be one of the Adobe fonts, though that could happen. The greater likelihood is that it's a font you may have added at some time, and is also likely to be a free font, or one from another program.

Manually troubleshooting font issues is tough and hard work. It basically starts by uninstalling half of your installed fonts (move the actual files to another drive for safety), and starting PrPro and then Titler. If it works, then you know that the bad font(s) is in the half that you removed. If not, then you remove half of the remaing again, and half again. You have to relaunch PrPro and Titler for each test. If you find the batch that has the bad font(s), you reinstall in halves, until Titler ceases to work. See what I mean? Also, you have to be careful to NOT uninstall any fonts needed by the OS and system. This is why I recommend a font repair utility so strongly. It would take me a full day to sort through the 9000+ fonts on my system, even though I only have a few hundred actually installed at any one time. I just run Font Dr. on the entire system, so I know that all of my fonts are good, incase I need one for a Project.

Given that you have had other issues with Titler already, I'd try the Repair Install first, in hopes that it's not a font issue, but something corrupt with your installation.

Good luck

Hunt