• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I reinstall RH8 without losing my work

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to reinstall RH8 on my PC (windows XP). Can I do that without losing all the links to my merged files.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Hi there

I think you are talking about the way your files appear in the Project Manager pod. Try what is listed in the image below.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have saved your projects with Program Files, not recommended, an uninstall and reinstall does not affect your projects. It's like uninstalling and reinstalling Word, it would not touch your documents.

May I ask why you are uninstalling?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have lost some of my previous functionality. We just put my files on a new PC and my Project Manager doesn't have the same folders. It's almost as if I have another version installed. So, I'm reinstalling and hopefully correct that. Plus, none of my links seem to work.

Thanks.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folders and functionality are different.

What RH functionality have you lost?

Do the folders show in Windows Explorer?

How did you move the files from the old PC to the new PC?

Is Project Manager showing Broken Links?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled and still don't have the same "look" as original RH8. For example, my css files and image files are not in separate folders they are just under the folders containing content (I hope that makes sense).

Folders all display in Windows and look ok.

We moved the files from a laptop to a PC by just copying them. Is there another way to do that?

There are only broken links for things that were deleted.

Before the move I could link between any child files. I could not link a child to the parent. Since I did the redirect (which may or may not be correct) and we moved the files I can't link any child files to each other. Nothing displays in the Hyperlink window. When I select a destination of All folders it just gives me the folders for that child.

Thanks for the help.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think you are talking about the way your files appear in the Project Manager pod. Try what is listed in the image below.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess I didn't click around enough. That worked.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp